{10}

Happy anniversary DOAB!!
~~~~~~~~

"Ruby 'I was forced' Madison." The teacher yells, "What kind of middle name is that?"

"I am auditioning for the role of Juliet." Ruby smiles and begins reciting her lines. I had no idea as to how good an actor and a musician Ruby was.

"That was nice." The teacher smiles, "Ryder Harris."

I walk on the stage and my anxiety starts building up. I shake my head, "I-I will be auditioning for the role of Romeo."

I recite my lines and the teacher smiles and tells me the same thing that she told Ruby. I walk towards Ruby and Alec, who were waiting for me, "Amazing, Ry."

"Dang, I have some serious competition." Alec high-fives me.

"You were awesome." I smile.

"We have our Juliet." The teacher shouts and we snap our heads towards the stage, "Harper Urie."

"Oh, hell no." Ruby mumbles and starts walking away.

"Rubes, wait." I say but she ignores, "Ruby Madison."

"What, Ryder." She wipes her face, "She gets everything. She has a perfect pair of parents, becomes the lead singer of our band and now gets the lead role."

"Rubes."

"She gets everything I wanted." She sniffs into my chest, as I hold her close.

"She does not have two amazingly awesome mums, one amazing friend whose name you can screwup very easily and get away with it." I rub her back.

"Thanks, man." Alec chuckles.

"She does not have an awesome set of siblings like Amelie and Knox. I mean, you have a hot pocket to yourself." I laugh.

"Hot pocket?" Alec asks.

"Long story, leave it." I whiper.

"You're right." Ruby says.

"So, we can be happy for her right. She is our friend." I cup her face and she nods, "That's my girl."

"So, we don't kill her?" Alec asks.

"No." Ruby says, "I'll try to be nice."

"Yeah!"

"I said 'try'." Ruby points out.

"Let us all just enjoy this moment." I hug her, as she smiles against my chest.

------

Harper was singing as we all played. We had decided to play Bohemian Rhapsody. Brendon said that of we sing it perfectly, then we can actually win the competition.

"Ryder! Phoenix is on the phone." Knox yells.

I put down my bass and run out, "Hi, Mom."

"Ry." Phoenix smiles, "I miss you kid."

"Mrs. Harris!" Ruby jumps.

"Rubes." Her smile grows wider, "How is Maeve?"

"Mommy is good. Although, Mom misses you more." Ruby points out.

"Mom, how is tour?" I ask.

"It's amazing, though Josh and Tyler are fighting over the pictures." Phoenix laughs, "I should go, you kids have fun."

"Mom." I shout.

"Yeah." She looks back at me.

"I love you." I say.

"Right back at you, kid." She smiles and hangs up.

"Let's go out." Ruby pulls my arm and we see Alec rubbing his arms.

"They hurt." Alec says.

"They are supposed to." I laugh.

"Hey, Ryder." Alec comes near me.

"Yeah."

"Don't hate me for doing this." He says and pushes me into the pool.