{2}

"How are you? I did not see you in the morning." She says. She was a perfect specimen of a perfect human being. She had her mom's eyes and her dad's perfect hair. In other words, she was perfect, "Ryder, are you listening?"

"Y-yeah." I blink my eyes, "I-- actually Knox drove us to school, today."

"Oh, Knox did." her perfect pale skin turned pink, "H-how are you?"

"I am good, so is Ruby." I say and see Ruby waiting for me impatiently by tapping her foot, "You coming?"

"Yeah. Let's go." She says and puts her hand on my shoulder, which made my head burst with feeling, "Hi, Ruby."

"Hi, Harper." Ruby says, flatly. It was clear that she hated the girl I liked.

I know that Harper is supposed to be my aunt. But even Dad was 'supposedly' Mom's cousin. Also we are close, which does not mean that Harper is actually my aunt.

(there y'all go)

"Kids." Miss White calls out and we all sit back, "Take an instrument and just sing. Which is basically the purpose of this class."

"Me first!" Harper pumps her hand in the air. She gets up and sings 'Sarah Smiles', just like a true Urie she simply sings without any instrument, not to forget, beautifully.

"Of course. She will sing her Dad's song." Ruby mumbles.

"Why don't you like her?" I say.

"She is the daughter of a perfect couple, she is a perfect offspring. She makes heads turn and no one would look at me." She says.

"I look after you." I side-hug her.

"Not 'after' me. I want people to look at me the way they look at Harper Urie." She says, "I want someone to date me."

"Let me take you out, today." I say.

"Are you kidding me? You are like a sibling to me, Ry." She says.

"So, what?" 

"Fine, a sibling date it is." She hugs me.

-----

Class ends and people run. I see Knox standing out, "I thought you'd take forever to come."

"Hi, Knox." Harper turns pink and goes off.

"I don't know whether to say 'hi' or 'bye'." Knox says.

"She likes you Knox." Ruby rolls her eyes.

"Me? Why?" Knox smirks.

"Who wouldn't like a hot famous senior?" Ruby says.

"Did you just call me hot?" Knox laughs.

"NO!" Ruby punches him softly.

"She called you hot, which does not means that she actually meant it." I say.

"EXATCLY."

"I'd date Harper, but she is Brendon's daughter. So, I will steer away." Knox says, "Also, she is a little young for me."

Thank God, Knox won't date Harper. Never.

-----

"Don't tell your Mom that I have the car for the rest of the day. She will kill me." Knox says as I step out of the car.

"Got you." I say.

"Thanks." He smiles, "Bye, hot stuff."

"KNOX!"

He simply laughs and drives off. Ruby was right who wouldn't date a hot famous senior. Also, no one knew me as Dallon's grand-son. No one would possibly ever believe that fact. 

Dallon has small wrinkles around his eyes and a few grey hairs.

But my grandfather? No.

That is why I call him by his name.

"So, Ruby what do you want to do on our date?" I put my arm around her arm.

"Watch a movie and eat candy." She jumps.

"It's a date." I say and she punches me, "Wait here."

I open the door and hear some shouting, "I don't know Levi. You are never home."

"I have work, Phoenix!" Dad shouts, "You stay at home." 

"I have no choice. I stay home for Ryder, I wait for you every night but you have work." Mom shouts.

"Phoenix."

"I don't know where is this leading to." Mom's voice sounded calm but broken.

I quickly turn back towards Ruby who was sitting in the lawn waiting for me, "Let's go to Dallon's house for today."