The Green-eyed Mystery

...

2 hours later Peter and Neal stormed in through the front door.

"El, where is she? Tell me!" Peter exclaimed exasperatedly, while Neal followed him inside, lost in thought.

Neal couldn't believe that she was here! The woman he was searching for since the last month simply came to HIM.

As El comforted Peter, Mozzie walked towards Neal sipping wine and whispered, "I really must say, she is indeed very beautiful, even in the state she came in."

Neal looked sharply at Moz and alarmingly said, "State? What state? Is she ok?"

El noticed Neal's worry and tried to reassure him, "She fainted as soon as she came in, so I called Dr Pike from the neighbourhood, she had a concussion he said, because of the wound on her forehead, he injected her with something and said she would wake up by morning."

"What happened to her?" Peter asked, "Did she say something?...anything?"

"She just said she needed help and collapsed," El answered, "Oh and she had this hand bag with her, I took the liberty of checking its contents since she is unable to provide us any information as of now."

"What did you find?" Neal asked, "And by the way, where Is she?"

As El rummaged through the handbag she said, "She's upstairs, in your room. Brandon is sleeping beside her. I know its awkward but we don't have extra rooms"...As Neal nodded, El exclaimed... "Ah here it is!"

El handed over an identity card to Neal and explained, "Its a staff pass of CDC and her photo and name are clearly mentioned. Her name is Dr. Aurelia Leon, Jr. Scientist at the Pharmacology department."

"What!" Peter snatched the card from Neal's hands, "This means she might be the same woman who was involved with Senator West. All of this, the Quentin car, CDC, Senator even his brother Anthony and Aurelia Leon are all tied together somehow."

"You are right Mr. Burke" A voice floated from the stairs as a sleek, figure walked down.

Peter and especially Neal were dumbfounded as they stared at Aurelia Leon.

She was unlike any woman Neal had ever seen.

She was a brunette with waist length hair, her skin was pearly and flawless, her physique could put models to shame with curves just at the right places, but her eyes... they were the most alluring.

Her green eyes reminded Neal of young green leaves, like two peridots they shone with mystery and beauty.

As she walked into the living room, she touched her bandaged wound lightly, closed her eyes, took a deep breath and faced everyone with a determined gaze, "I know you all must have a lot of questions and I will answer them for you, but please we have to leave this place now before he comes to know where I am."

"What do you mean leave?" El asked, "Who is coming after us? and why? Aurelia please be specific." ...At her surprised look El explained... "I checked your handbag. How did you wake up, weren't you drugged?"

"I had taken another drug previously to counter the effects if someone tried to drug me" Aurelia sighed, " I will try to be short, but please bear with this explanation, I will expose the whole story later, but please believe me now."

As she looked at everyone's stone faces, she continued, "The person I am running from is Senator Andrew West. We worked together at the CDC"...

Seeing everyone's shocked faces she went on, "He was obsessed with me and it led to him threatening the most important person to me. One thing led to another and I left the job because of him and the pregnancy. After delivery I faked my own death and also the death of my unborn child so that I could disappear. But he seems to have found out anyway as 2 people attacked the place where I was living. I managed to escape somehow and tried contacting Ves but his phone was switched off. I knew then that Andrew must have kidnapped him and since I had nowhere to go; I came here, knowing Neal and Brandon were living with you people. And we must leave now, if he comes to know about this place he will destroy everything for everyone here. Please."