"What do you want John?" I asked angrily.

"Aw why so hostile? Are you still dating that meathead football player?" He pouted and stepped even closer. I put my hands on his chest and shoved him back.

"He's not a meathead! And yes I'm still dating him. What, did you think I would go back to you?" I yelled.

"Aw come on Alex you know you loved being with me." He said as I walked past him.

"No John, it was the worst time of my life." Were the last words I said to him before opening the door to the pool room. I took slow deep breaths. I couldn't get stressed out right before states. There was the sound of the door slamming. John looked extremely angry when he walked out so I quickly walked over to our coach so he could confront me alone.

"Nice try Alex! You can't get away from me!" Have I forgotten to mention that John has anger issues? Well it's bad.

"Fuck." I said and started walking faster. I heard the sound of fast slapping sounds as his bare feet hit the wet ground behind me. Just as I was at coach I was tackled from behind into the pool. John pulled me under and kept me there. I put my hands on his shoulders and kneed him in the balls, making him go up for air. I could hear yelling from above water. As soon as I poked my head up, I was dragged out of the water by John. I was on my back when all of a sudden he punched me in the face. Well that escalated quickly I thought. Luckily in our spare time, Landon has been teaching me fighting moves. Growing up in the south side taught him a lot. John went to punch me again but I caught his fist before it made impact and twisted it to an awkward angle. He started squirming and begging me to let go.

"Fuck you." I said before letting go and pushing him into the pool. "I would do worse but I'm trying to get into college." I spit out some blood and wiped my bleeding nose. My coach came over and pulled John from the water.

  "What do you think you are doing?!" Coach yelled, getting in John's face. John just angrily looked at the ground. Coach grabbed his arm and dragged him towards the door.

"Everyone in the pool! Laps until I get back! Alex come with me." Coach yelled. He was fuming. We walked silently to the principals office. Walking down the halls soaking wet and only in a speedo was an interesting experience. Luckily there were only a few people.
When we got to the principals office, I went in first. He raised his eyebrows when he saw is.

"What seems to be the problem here?" Mr. Greenberg asked suspiciously.

"Boys, would you like to explain?" Coach asked. He frowned at John but winked at me when he looked away. "Alex how about you explain since you're the one who didn't provoke it." I nodded.

"Well it started in the locker room. I was just minding my own business and getting changed when John came over to me. I started asking me if I was still dating my boyfriend and stuff just out of the blue." I said glancing over to John out of the corner of my eye. He was giving me a death glare.

"Have you and John gotten in a fight recently before this?" Greenberg asked. I shook my head.

"We haven't spoken since we broke up which was months ago." Greenberg nodded and turned to John.

"Why did you attack Alex?" He asked sternly. John just shrugged and looked down. "Answer me."

"Because I'm jealous of him." He mumbled.

"You're what?" Greenberg asked.

"I'm jealous of Alex." John said in a louder voice. "I'm jealous that he has a stable relationship. That he has a good boyfriend. That he left me for someone else." My eyes widened in surprise. I looked over to John and he looked sad. "Im sorry Alex. I want you to be happy, but I want you to be happy with me."

"I'm sorry John but that isn't going to happen." I said with a bit of question in my voice. This was unexpected. He frowned.

"Well why not? We were happy with each other."
"Don't lie John. You know that isn't true."

"Well why isn't it!? I loved you!" He yelled. A silence followed and we all stared at him. I looked down.

"Well I didn't love you. Can I go practice now? I have some things to work on for tomorrow." I said firmly but quietly.

"Of course. Go ahead Alex." Mr. Greenberg said. I glanced over to John as I walked out and saw him looking at the ground.

"Have the boys do form work. Just off the board in lines." Coach said to me on my way out. I nodded and left. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down. This "stress free" day turned into the most stressful day of the year. When I got into the pool area no one was swimming laps, they were all huddled in a little group. When the doors closed everyone looked over.

"Alex!" Sammy yelled and ran over to me. He jumped on me and hugged me. "Are you ok?!" He asked squeezing me tight. I laughed.

"Yes Sammy I'm ok. Your half brother showed me some tricks." He paused for a minute and giggled.

"John has been going cray cray." He said. I nodded.

"Ok everyone get in lines!" They groaned and shuffled over to the diving boards.
*******
After practice I got on the late bus and rode home listening to music. Practice went really well and I can't wait for states tomorrow. I was so excited I couldn't calm myself down. When we finally got to my road I practically ran to my house. Landon's car was in the driveway along with Jasper's. I ran in and saw them talking on the couch. My parents were in the kitchen making dinner together.

"Hey mom and dad!" I yelled, throwing my stuff down. I ran into the living room and jumped on Landon. I tucked my face in his neck and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I love you." I said giving him a kiss. He smiled at me but it quickly turned to a frown. He put his hand on my cheek.

"What happened?" He asked looking concerned.

"It's a funny story actually. John tried to beat me up but I threw him into the pool."

"He punched you in the face?!" Landon said with his face turning red. I nodded.

"Twice." Landon picked me up and placed me on my face, standing up after me. He turned to Jasper who nodded to Landon, looking equally pissed.

"Where does this kid live?" Jasper asked, pulling a baseball bat out from under the couch. I don't know when the fuck that got there.

"No you can't go beat him up." I said shaking my head.

"Sure we can." Landon said taking something from his pocket. He flipped out a pocket knife. "No one beats up my baby." I put my hands on his shoulders.

"It's fine." I said. "It's not even bad." He wasn't having it though. "Fine fine but just talk to him. Don't beat him up." Landon looked over to Jasper.

"Tomorrow then?" He asked. Jasper nodded.

"Tomorrow." Jasper responded, putting the bat back under the couch. I sighed and fell back onto the couch. Landon sat next to me and put his arm around me. I just shook my head. There's no way to control two headstrong men. I felt bad for John but he tried to rape be in the past. I mean, it's not like he's been an angel to me. He had this coming.

A/N
Ooh two tough guys! Hope you guys enjoyed!! Like and comment! Also please check out my new story Playing with Darkness