Under The Hat

The light came streaming through my widows as “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga started playing on my alarm clock.

I got up and sat at my vanity table looking into the mirror. Am I really doing this? I’m going to the 11th grade this year and up until now I’ve been homeschooled by private tutors. My parents didn’t want me telling anyone and they were afraid to home school me themselves.

My mom came in. “you’re going,” she said simply handing me $5 for lunch.

“Did I say I didn’t want to?” I replied. Yeah she was my mother but she was afraid of me, what would it matter?

“We moved all the way here just to find you a school you can wear a hat at. Now get ready. You have half an hour.”

Why can’t my parents accept me?  I thought as I got out a pair of black jeans and slipped them on. I’ve never been to school and I wasn’t risking my secret on my first day. I slipped into a blue shirt with five rips through the middle and a sewn on under shirt with peace signs on it. I went to my floor length mirror to make sure I looked, well, human.

I am not normal. When I was born I had jet black hair, a tail and cat ears. I am a demon. Normally you would see things called a Fury or Neko such as me in fiction stories. Never once had my parents thought they were real until the day I was born. My parents are afraid of me though. They thought, until now, I was too irresponsible to keep my secret so they always hired me private tutors and I wore a hat every day. When my parents finally thought I was old enough to go to school they searched for one that allowed hats and found a nice, quiet one in the little town of Bremerton, Washington. At that point we packed up and moved for me to go to school.

****AT SCHOOL****

I could hear whispers form all directions. Stuff like “there’s the new girl” “we have a new girl?” and “what’s with the skeleton hat?” I silently cursed my sensitive ears and put on my iPod.

I walked into the attendance office. I saw the secretary’s lips move but had my very expensive sound insulation headphones on and couldn’t hear her.

I pulled one headphone out, “I’m sorry I couldn’t hear you,”

“I said welcome. You must be Sarah correct? We don’t have many new students around here. You’re our first one this year,” she said. There was a tag on her desk that said Mrs. Peirce.

“Yes I’m Sarah. I’m glad to be here,” I said with a smile.

“Here you are schedule and locker.”  She handed me two pieces of paper. “Since you were homeschooled and a little more advanced, most of your classes will be in the music wing. We don’t have many advanced students here and those were the only rooms left,” said Mrs. Peirce.

“Thank you! Can I listen to music before school?” I asked.

“Of course! I would keep one bud out so you can hear the bell.”

“Thank you!” I said and walked out putting my headphone back in and turning my music down to listen for the bell.

~~~~~~~~

a/n

this story will definaly be continued. i have like twelve chapters in my notbook XP so i just have ot post em. i have like 4 new stories i started n 1 more idea i havnt yet DX so please go read also It's Not Like I'm Kidnapped or Anything, Emy-Lee and the Granger Boys and i will have another up soon that i dont have a tittle for yet