Hunger Games Peeta's POV

I wake up from a night of restless sleep. They were terrible, the dreams i had. I tell myself they were just dreams Peeta, but today all my wrost nightmares could, very well, come true! Today is the reaping. Two families will have to loose their kids to the Hunger Games, and possibly watch them die a gory death. This is not what I am affraid of though. Since i did not have to draw a tressare my name isn't in the reaping bowl as much as hers is. "Her," meaning Katniss Everdeen. 

     When I first saw her we were five our teacher asked if anyone knew the meadow song. Katniss's hand shot straight up. I swear everything fell quiet when she sang, even the birds. I knew at that moment i was a gonner. I have had a crush on her ever since. I think no i do not have it as bad as her. She has an enormous number of names in that bowl. If only, i could protect her. I swear I would.

    I stretch and put on some clothes. I try to shake the horrible thought that keeps haunting me, Katniss's name being drawn. My brother Zane, who is older than me is still sleeping. I tiptoe out of the room. I want to get started on the bread and other pastries this morning, because i know after the reaping we will be super busy. As i walk down the hall, i hear my dad speaking to someone. The instant my ears hear his voice jealousy floods me. Gale Hawthrone is the owner of the voice. It's not a mystery that Katniss and him spend a lot of time together, or that they go hunting in the woods. She likes him. At least, that's what everyone says. He probably likes her, i mean who wouldn't she so pretty, smart, independent, and most of all so different from everyone. I stay where they can't see me until he leaves.

     "Oh son i didn't think you would be up this early!," exclaims my dad when i finally walk into our kitchen where we make the bread. "Thought i'd get an early start on the bread," i say. I have finished almost a dozen loafs when i hear dreadful foot steps coming down stairs. My mom comes down the stairs and, even though it is the reaping, she starts nagging and screaming cruel things at my dad. Then, she starts on me. "What on earth did you do to these loafs of breads?," she shouts in a rude tone.Theres litterally nothing wrong with the bread so i just look at her and go back to work.

   She wasn't always like this. My dad said she used to be nice. I can't even think of a day when she has ever been nice. My dad said she originally had a boyfriend who's name was Jemar Kingsley. They were inseperable, and then the unthinkable happend. He was taken away by the Hunger Games. Where he was dead the first day. He was killed by getting a spear throw clear through him. For this reason, I can't help but love my mom.

    Now, it's time for the reaping. If I had a choice I would miss it all to together, but it's manditory meaning you have to attend or you will be punished. I put something nice on hoping Katniss will notice me, but I know she never will. Zane is up and already joking with me. "Hey, is today the day your gonna finally tell Katniss you love her!," he shouts a little to loud, so i punch him. 'Boys! Cut it out!," my mom yells.

     We reach the square, and I go to the section rope for 16 years. I see her black braid, and my heart stops.Then i start day dreaming about her being mine; Until, my friend Braden hits me. Then, I have to hear about how the Hunger Games started and the rebellion. It's funny really how the Capitol thinks it was the right thing to do. I mean really slaughtering abunch of kids is "the right thing to do." Then a weird women who represents our district walks up to the stage.Effie Trinket is her name. She's kinda scary with a pink wig, crazy outfit, and clown like make-up. I think she was happy it was her turn to talk. Just a few moments ago,a drunken  Haymitch Abernathy, District 12 only victor, tried to give her a hug. With all of Panem watching, that would be embrassing. "Happy Hunger Games!," eclaims Effie in that annoying Capitol accent everyone makes fun of.  "And may the odds be ever in your favor!" Psh say that to Katniss who's name is in there  a lot. The odds are deffienently not in her favor.

 " Ladies First!" exclaims Effie. Oh please don't let it be her i think. Then, all to fast she pulls out a piece of paper and says Primrose Everdeen. My heart stops. That's Katniss's little sister. I watch as a little girl who is loved my everyone in District 12 walks slowly up to the stage. And then, the unthinkable happens. When i hear her voice I think o god please don't do this, but i know she will. She loves her sister. " I volunteer! I volunteer as a tribute! Katniss says in a desperate voice. Then I watch the love of my life bravely walk to her death.

I do not own these series. I'm am just writing them in Peeta's point of view. I'm sorry if it is not exactly accurate. I do not have the book on me, but I will soon! Rate and comment please! :D