Processing-13

Colon and Finn brought Logan to New Hartford and the three men retreated the pub on the ground floor of Robert's condo building. They spent the afternoon drinking scotch and silently listening to the crappy bar music being piped in while simultaneously waiting for Logan to say anything about Rory or Robert to return home from work.

As the evening went on, and the scotch ran low, Colin and Finn decided that something had to give. They left Logan at their table and headed over to the bar.

"What do we do now?  He hasn't said a word in hours." Finn asked Colin.

"We wait for Robert. And the three of us will take him upstairs and make him talk." Colin replied as the picked up another round of scotch.

"Where is lawyer boy, anyway? Kinda late for court, isn't it?" Finn mused.

"Not with Justice O'Mara." Robert replied as he slid in beside his friends. "Trial was clicking along and he decided to sit late and get it completed rather than going another day." He motioned to the bartender for a scotch of his own and gestured toward Logan, sitting alone and staring at the scratched surface of the pub table morosely. "I take it it didn't go well?"

Colin sighed in relief that Robert had arrived. "No. He's upset because Rory's pregnant."

Robert sputtered in surprise. "Rory? Pregnant? How on earth did that happen?"

Finn smirked and began "When a man and a woman love each other very much, or just fancy a shag..."

"No, what I mean is Rory is so diligent. She screwed up her birth control?" Robert raised an eyebrow. "Doesn't sound like the Girl Scout we know."

Colin made a noise of agreement. "Actually, yeah. That doesn't sound like her." He watched Logan pensively. "But our boy here hasn't gotten that far, I don't think. He's mad that she only reached out to him because she is having his baby."

"She's having the baby? Do we know that or are we just assuming?" Robert asked.

Colin and Finn shrugged. "Why else would she tell him?" Colin replied.

"I'm not sure. But I do know that he looks like he was hit by a truck. He's not thinking at all." Robert replied. "Let's get him upstairs."

The three walked over and rousting Logan out of his stupor. He followed them into the elevator for the condo complex and in to Robert's unit.

Once the arrived, Robert shrugged off his suit jacket and pulled his tie off. The four men settled at a dining table with a bottle of scotch, some take out menus and four crystal glasses. Robert quickly ordered food and poured the scotch.

"All right, Huntz. What is going on in that head of yours." Robert began.

"Honestly? I don't know." Logan began quietly.

"So tell me what happened. Start at the beginning and leave nothing out." Robert prompted. He had pulled a yellow legal pad from a drawer in the break front beside him and sat with his pen poised over it.

Logan sat for a moment looking at him blankly before nodding and sitting up straight. He started at the text he received the day before. He filled in the details, as many of them as he could remember, from his encounter with Rory that morning. The three friends listened intently and let him continue at his own pace, with Robert occasionally interrupted him to clarify a point or to get the chronology straight.

Just as Logan had gotten to the point where he called Colin to come back for him, the buzzer sounded, indicating that the food had arrived. Robert got up to let the delivery guy up and grabbed the food. He opened the bags of Chinese and started handing the cartons around the table.

Logan took his carton and noticed that he was hungry. He realized that he hadn't had lunch and began to eat.

"So, ok. Rory contacted you and told you that she loved you by text. When you arrived, she responded to you positively, said she missed you and after you declared your intention to be with her, she told you she was pregnant and that you could take whatever time you need to figure out how to proceed?" Robert summarized.

Logan nodded.

"Ok. I gotta say, I have always liked her style." Robert nodded.

Logan exploded at the other end of the table. "Are you kidding me? She just dropped that on me like that! She knew for two weeks before she told me! She only said she loved me once she had already decided to have the baby! She's being completely selfish here! She just wants me back in her life because of the baby!" Logan had pushed himself back from the table during his outburst and had begun to pace.

Colin and Finn looked back at Robert. Robert sighed and threw down his pen. He stood as well and began to defend Rory to Logan.

"Yeah, she contacted you after she decided to keep the baby. Of course she did! Would there have been any point to contact you if she had decided not to? She also told you she loved you. And that seems to be a huge factor in why she decided to go through with the pregnancy. She took two weeks to get her head around this monumental decision. Good for her. It's her choice, her prerogative, Logan. This was not on her master plan, I guarantee it. But she reached out to you and in case you have forgotten, you dropped everything to race to her side immediately. You love her, Logan. You always have. So, yeah. The timing sucks. She's accidentally pregnant. It happens. You're going to have a child with the woman that you love. What the hell is your problem?"

Logan stopped still for a moment and stared at Robert. He looked them to Colin and finally to Finn. All three were waiting for his response.

"I want her to be with me for the right reasons. I want to be enough for her. But now, it is just because she is having a baby." Logan admitted. He sank back into his chair with his chin on his chest.

"Buck up, mate. It seems to me that it comes down to this. She told you that she loves you. You have to decide whether or not to believe her. If you do, great. If you don't, you probably never will." Finn interjected confidently.

Colin nodded and offered his own piece of advice. "And either way, she's going to be the mother of your child. You need to figure out how to deal with her."

Robert sat back down and offered one final thought. "Just talk to her, Huntz. Figure out if you trust her or not."

Logan got up from the table and walked into Robert's spare bedroom, closing the door firmly behind him.