Welcome home

At some point she realised there was no escape. She couldn't find a solution to her imprisonment, all her attempts were futile leading to grave consequences.Everything she said was deemed wrong, there was never a right answer. All escape routes were blocked, she was trapped, ensnared. Several tactics were used for her confinement, mostly blackmail and pain...She started believing she deserved it all.

One day she woke up and discovered she could feel nothing. The pain wasn't as bad as before.
Had she stopped her self from feeling?

A human being has to feel something or anything, if not, they turn into something else,...something changes in them.

A shocked Michael stopped in his tracks a hand on his cheek. His face and gaze and anger turned toward the side.

A loud smack was still resonating in the four cornered room.

''Don't you dare ever threaten me Michael, this is your last and final warning!'' Fay shouted breathing heavily.

She quickly knocked past him practically running outside. With the door between them she leaned on the corridor wall, trying to calm her beating heart. I have to stay away from Micheal, he brings out my worst side, all the bad memories, especially.... Brad.

********

''Are you okay?'' Fay opened her eyes to find a concerned maid looking at her

''Am good, thanks''. She grunted, hoisting herself from the wall. She mentally tried to regain control of the situation.

''Are you serving the guests?'' Her eyes pointed to the maids tray with dirty tea cups.

''Yes, we just finished setting everything up, they asked us to excuse ourselves for the time being''. The maid answered, her concerned look still there, not that it mattered. ''They are expecting you and Mr.Michael's arrival''.

''Okay, please excuse us now and make sure we are not disturbed''. Fay replied.

''Yes ma'am''. She quickly left.

*******

All the voices quieted down, the minute her presence was felt.

She made a quick once over of the room. Four people sitting on the L-shaped section of the sofa, 2 people in either direction. The table in front of them filled with refreshments, some documents and some dirty tissues. They've been here for sometime! That stupid butler!

'' Fay, how long had it been, your still as beautiful as ever..'' A smilling Alex was the first one to break the ice, He quickly engulfed her in a hug.

Fay gave a little smile. ''Its been a long time''. She returned the hug, patting him gently on the back.

''Our Dad's passing was truly a shock to everyone, he seemed like the kind to live forever, you know..am so sorry..'' Alex continued holding her at arms length.

Fay surprisingly maintained her smile. ''Am sorry as well''.

Leave it to Alex Bradwell to make serious situation seem easy and relaxed. He was a rare gem completely the opposite of his late father and older brother. He was caring and considerate, he had refused to follow his father's foot steps. As the second son his father had allowed him to lead his own life as he wanted, but it was granted through alot of hardships, as a consequence father son relationship severed.