27 - Don't Hold Your Breath

Start from the beginning

By the time I got downstairs I had to smile when I saw that Isaac had already started making the eggs and bacon. I patted him on the shoulder so that I could continue, I looked over to see that he had moved over to the coffee machine to make us both coffees.

Just as I finished breakfast the doorbell rang, followed by Alena's muffled voice, "I smell the bacon! Quick! Open the door!"

We let out a chuckle as I walked over to the door to open it for them. Alena hugged me quickly before going into the kitchen leaving a befuddled Drew,

"But we just ate? I didn't know you were still hungry. You should have told me."

I chuckled as I patted him on the shoulder, "You will learn that she is always hungry."

"Where the hell does she put it all?" He mumbled as he walked into the kitchen, me following close by. After putting everyone's plate we all sat around the table and listened to Alena as she talked about all the movies she watched with her brothers and to my surprise, with Dad. She seemed to have enjoyed her night and that's all that mattered to me. Even though Drew claimed he was still full from his breakfast he had, we still forced him to eat with us. After Drew helped Isaac pick up the dishes for me he had to leave because he had a "date" with the gym. So here I was doing the dishes letting me mind drift off into a daydream until Isaac came in, sitting on the stool with a sigh. I looked at him and noticed his eyes were glued to his phone as he began to text intensely.

"How was your date last night?" I asked.

He clicked his screen off being letting out a sigh, "Meh. It was okay, she got mad that I was messaging Jaxon about how your race went."

I bit onto my inner cheek as I debated on what to say, "Want me to talk to her? She should know that she has nothing to worry about."

Isaac let out a chuckle before shaking his head, "Nah, it will only make it worse. Don't worry. I can handle it."

"I have no doubt."

* * *

It appears as though all three of us had no official plans on for the rest of the day because here we sat watching Frozen. Well, Alena watching Frozen while Isaac and I both absentmindedly stared at the TV. I snapped out of my thoughts when my phone started to ring, but my heart caught in my throat when I recognised the caller. My eyes involuntarily looked over to Isaac who was already staring at me, quickly diverting my eyes back to my phone I contemplated it I should let it ring out. Switching the silence button on, I watched as it rang a few more times before going silent. I looked back up to the TV but let out a sigh as it rang again.

"Avery! Please turn it off, I'm trying to watch." Alena begged. I let out a sigh as I got up from the couch to walk down the hall and outside to the backyard.

"What do you want?" I whispered hastily through the phone.

"Don't hang up. Please. I just want to talk." Noah begged.

"So, talk." I snapped back as I sat on the outdoor swing.

"Not over the phone. Face to face please." He begged.

I let out a sadistic chuckle, "Yeah. Like that is going to happen. News flash Noah, you carved your fucking name into my arm before shooting me!" I yelled in a whisper.