17 - Moving Mountains

Start from the beginning

"So, are we going to talk or are you going to run off and change your number on me?"

I blinked twice in shock at his bluntness. I looked at him as he waited patiently for me to answer while he had one eyebrow raised in question at me.

"Oh wait, you've done that already." He whispered mockingly.

"I changed my number because of what Noah said to me okay, the last thing on my mind was who did and didn't have my number."

"What did Noah say?" He asked sternly.

Okay, so it was a little white lie. I had been debating if I wanted Jaxon to have my number. I kept going back and forth but out of curiosity I decided against it, to see if he was actually going to actually realise.

"I'm surprised you realised." I mumbled, ignoring his question.

"What was that?" He asked, knowing exactly what I had said.

"The last time I tried to call you was at the party, and I believe you ignored me." He added.

"I had my reasons."

"I doubt they were accurate." He responded almost immediately.

We both fell silent after his comment.

"Please, just go to coffee with me. We both need to hash everything out. No more secrets or lies." He asked as he placed his forearms against his knees, leaning forward to face me.

"We tried that already, remember?"

"Yeah, and you bailed on me."

"I didn't bail!" I yelled back

"Yes, you did!"

"No, I didn't! You went into a bedroom with Brittany!" I growled back before standing up in anger.

"Oh, for fucks sake!" He yelled out, his hands slapping against his thighs as he leaned back against the chair.

I took one step forward to leave.

"Wait! Please!" He yelled out in frustration, as he stood up and placed his hands gently on my shoulders.

I let out a sigh before sitting back down.

"I'm sorry, Avery. I'm just getting frustrated because you aren't letting me explain anything!" He sighed out, running his fingers through his hair before they rubbed against his face.

"I'm tired of the games, Jaxon." I spoke softly.

"No more games." He confirmed, shaking his head back and forth.

* * *

"Avery, can you please go take table twelve's order. I'm just a little inundated."

"Yeah of course, Paula." I said as I walked with my head down to get my notepad ready.

"How can I-" I looked up and spotted Jaxon and Lucas. I looked at their table number and sure enough the number twelve sat there.