Chapter 6

Nicoles POV

I was scared - things had finally been getting good, that is in my life I mean. Why do bad things always happen to me? At least I have Daryl still. It's been about an hour since we left, and I was trying to be strong.

"Daryl? Do you.. do you know where you are going? Or are we just going to find somewhere?" I ask nervously. I hate questioning him- it usually pisses him off, but he always trys to hide it.

"Not sure. We'll find somewhere. Don't worry sweetheart" he says - surprisingly there wasn't even a trace of annoyance in his voice.

"Okay.. I love you." I say.

Daryl chuckles, then says "I love you too."

I tighten my grip around his waist and lean my head on his back - I begin thinking about why had just happened.

"Daryl, I love you but its the middle of the day. Someone could see." He  pulled away from her long enough to pull the curtains on our cell door closed. "Better?" he says.
"Of course"

Daryl's POV

Dammit. We have no food, -Thats not a problem of course - No group, no weapons besides both of our crossbows, arrows, 2 guns with about3 bullets each, and 2 knives. Where was I leading her? I know for sure there is nothing in this direction. Why am I doing this? I need to find somewhere safe before nightfall.

"Are you okay with sleeping in a tree tonight?" I ask Nicole, but she is knocked out laying on my back. "My back works too.." he smirks and keeps driving. He turns down a dirt road "Why the hell am I taking her here?!" I think to myself. We come upon a little wooden house another 6 or 7 miles down the road. I feel my heart lurch forward - "What the hell am I doing here?!" I think once again.

I wake up Nicole to tell her I found somewhere. "Nicole..Nicole.. Wake up darlin..." I turn around and she is still asleep. I decide to just carry her. I sling my crossbow back onto my back, as it had almost fallen off - and pick her up. The way I was carrying her, is how the groom would carry the bride through the doors in there honeymoon. I take her inside, and see that no one is here. I set her on the couch gently, and go make sure the rest of the house is clear -It is. I go pick her back up, and carry her upstairs to the bedroom. I lay her down on the familiar old camo sheets, and pull the blanket up over her.

"Sleep tight darlin." I say as I kiss her forehead. I walk out of the room and go back to my bike to get our things. I go back inside, set my stuff on the floor in the bedroom, and lay down next to her. This place brings back too many old memories. Bad ones. "Why did I come to my old house?" I think, and slowly drift off into an unknowing slumber.