Chapter 2

I wake up, and Daryl is gone from the room. Thank God. I was wondering how I was going to get dressed. I get up from my bed, and see that Daryl's crossbow is gone. Early Riser? I get dressed, in m y favorite jeans, and an old T-shirt. I slide my shoes on, and go outside.

Daryl is over talking to Rick. By the looks of it, he's not happy. And I think I'm about to find out why. Daryl walks over to me annoyed. "You good with that Crossbow in your pack?" he asked. Did Daryl go through my stuff? "Um, yeah. Really.good actually." I say, still shocked that he went through my stuff.

"Go get it. Hurry up. Were going hunting." He says aggravated.

"Um, ok..." I say, and go back into my cell. I get my crossbow and my arrows, and go back outside.

"Ready?" I call. Maybe I can get on Daryl's good side - if he has one.

Daryl and I go out into the woods, and I stay silent, knowing if I scared a kill off, he would never warm up to me.

I'm looking around for something to kill, to show my skills, when I see a doe. Decent size, appears to be healthy. I shoot the crossbow, and i hit it right in the heart. It falls to the ground, and doesn't move again. "Bullseye!" I say aloud, as I go to retrieve the deer.

"Good job," Daryl says on our way back.

"Thanks." I say.

"So, did you have a relationship before the world went to hell?" He asked.

"Yeah, sort of. He was abusive and I was trying to get out of it. His name was Michael." I say, and show him my legs, and back. "He did that."

"Did he make it? Cause no man that hits a woman deserves to live. Ill kill him." Daryl says.

Awkward. "Um, I don't know actually." I say truthfully.

<Back at Camp>

<DARYL P.O.V.>

"Hey, look what I killed!" I say joking around, and wink at Nicole. "Nah just kidding Nicole got 'em!"

I look at Nicole as she smiles. Her smile is beautiful, just like her eyes.... and her body. The way she moves, her body language, it just amazes me. No. What was I thinking? She's 17. If I got together with a 17 year old, the group would kill me. I try to push Nicole out of my mind, but I can't. Maybe I'll make a move tonight. Maybe not. I look at her beautiful face, and think to myself, "This girl could be my future."

<Later that night>

<Nicoles P.O.V.>

"Sleep well!" Beth says as I walk off from the campfire a little early, groggy from my morning hunt. That venison was delicious. "Thanks! You too. Night guys!" I say as I walk off.

Soon after I get into the cell and get changed, Daryl comes in.

Hes so.... Cute, Amazing, Beautiful, Sexy, Hot, you name it.

Maybe I should confess that I have an attraction to him. No. I doubt he feels the same way and that would make things awkward.

"What?" he asks, when he sees the way I'm looking at him.

I blush, and decide its time.

"Umm Daryl? I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" he asks, and I know he can hear the nervousness in my voice.

"I think you should know...."