Part 1 ー Rosemary

Where had they come from? It was a question that wouldn't leave my mind. I knew that if I asked them, they would recall nothing. I knew that this was unnatural. I knew that my mind was tired. It felt bruised, a throbbing sensation almost taking over my consciousness, a pounding purple headache spreading sorely across my temple. I wondered if this was a side effect. I stopped wondering. I rubbed my forehead with my damp fingers, the coolness that the rain left behind on them a much needed relief. I realized my two companions were looking to me, and I stared back questioningly. After a few seconds of this tense silence, the girl with the fiery red hair spoke. "Don't you have a story to tell? We know that it was no coincidence that I ran into you, and most people would apologize and continue on their way. Yet you're still here." I didn't have an answer to that, or a true one anyway. I couldn't tell them the truth. One of two things would follow; they would refuse to believe or they would distrust me and leave me in the dust. As I was coming to realize, I needed them just as they needed me. I noticed suddenly that the humidity have gone down noticeably and as I looked up I discovered that the rain had halted. I also disclosed that I didn't know either of my companion's names. We exchanged them, the fiery girl, both in personality and hair color, being Ashley and the boy who fell from the tree being Charles. However, when they asked me my name, I lied. I'm not sure what possessed me to do it, but I told them my name was Sophie. I knew I would need to clarify in the future, but I knew them not knowing my name would keep them out of certain perilous situations. Suddenly, a music box boomed to life, spurting out a loud rendition of Cee-Lo Green's "Forget You" in Japanese. Ironically, the box was a lavender hue, a small round plastic radio.