Chapter 1 - Bumping into a stranger

“I have to be dreaming,” I told myself as I was pulled onto the “One Less Lonely Girl” stool. Justin was making his way over to me singing, “One less lonely girl, One less lonely girl, One less lonely girl, there’s gonna be one less lonely girl, I’m gonna put you first, I’ll show you what you’re worth, if you let my inside of-”

                    I woke up, sweating. It seemed to have gotten rather warm in my room during the course of the night. Typical summer weather. Maybe that’s what’s causing me to dream about Justin Bieber every night since the start of summer vacation. Or are the dreams trying to tell me something?

                  I looked over to my Justin Bieber calendar to see what the date was. Great! Last day of summer vacation. That means a shopping trip with Katie... again. It was a tradition for me and Katie Anderson (my best girl friend) to go to the mall the day before a new year at school for a back-to-school outfit. I wondered if Katie could remember what day it was.

                   I looked at my cell phone to see what time it was. Ten am. Perfect. Katie should be awake by now, so I rang her. She picked up her phone straight away. 

“Hey Cher, what’s up?” Katie asked.

“You haven’t forgotten what day it is today, have you?” I asked curiously.

“No of course I haven’t!”

“What day is it then?”

“Um, I don’t have a clue.”

I laughed, “You make me laugh sometimes you know Katie!”

“I know. Anyway, what day IS IT today then? You sound really excited about it.”

“I am excited about it! It’s the last day of summer vacation! We need new outfits!”

“Ooh yeah! My wardrobe is so last season!”

“Je sais bien! Anyway, I’ll pick you up at one! See ya!”

               I hung up on her, and got out of bed. Mom, Dad and Noah, my older brother, would still be in bed, so at least I’d have a bit of peace this morning.

                As I opened the kitchen cupboard, I saw that there was not much to eat, due to the fact that Noah had no need to be at college during summer vacation. My eyes scanned through the cupboard until they landed on a packet of croissants. Super, not. I didn’t really have a soft spot for croissants, but I guessed they would have to do, due to the fact that there is nothing ever in the cupboards when Noah’s home from college.

             I couldn’t be bothered to turn the oven on, especially with how warm out it was today, so I decided to use the microwave oven instead. With the croissant in the microwave oven, I decided to get a drink of orange juice, as my throat was starting to get a little dry. I was getting a glass out of one of the low cupboards when,

“Wow, you’re up before noon today. I’m actually shocked.” said a voice from behind me.

              I jumped, banging my head on the top of the cupboard in the process. I turned around to see my older brother Noah standing by the door, laughing silently. 

“It’s not funny!” I said, glaring at him. “It hurt my head!”

“Are you sure about that?” asked Noah, whom was still laughing. “I think you did more damage to the cupboard!”

I ignored him, and went to pour my orange juice.

“Why ARE you up before noon today? Surely nothing that exciting is happening today.” Noah said, unfortunately breaking the silence that I was loving at that point. But I did the polite thing and replied, “”It’s the last day of summer vacation today. Me and Katie need new outfits for tomorrow and I told her I’d pick her up at one to go to the mall. And, Noah, unlike some people I know,” I said, glaring at him, “I need more than five minutes to get ready.”