Chapter 1

I looked at myself in the mirror, my hair was thinning out and I looked at my small figure in my gigantic hoodie. I lifted up my fragile arms under the massive sleeves. Suddenly, my door slams open and I jump, whirling around. My older sister Jasmine burst into the room, looking as if she was about to burst into flames. "I can't believe you!" she bellowed, "I hate you!"

"What did I do?!" I asked, already conjugating a list of things I had done that day. Nothing I had done would make her mad like this.

"You know exactly what you did! You ruined all of my stuff! All of my cloths, shoes, make up, and books!" She ran at me, hands around my throat in seconds. She was choking me! I grabbed her wrist, struggling to loosen her grip. I was slowly running out of air; suddenly, a burst of cold air rushed into my lungs. I felt relief. Jasmine was lying on the floor, unconscious. I stared at her. Had I done that? I don't think I could have. She slowly became conscious. "I can't believe you did that..."

"I did what?" I gave her a confused look. "Did I black out, again?"

"Nooooooo, you just blinked and missed everything! Of course you blacked out!" Jasmine bellowed, sarcasm dripped from her voice like poison, "Abby, you really need to get that under control!" I grabbed my bag and ran out of my room, not caring about what I looked like. My feet thudding down the stairs.

Mom and Dad stare at me as I bolt through the kitchen/living room area. "Honey, what's going on?" mom starts to get up but dad grabs her hand and whispers something to her, making her sit back down. I threw the door open and ran outside.

I ran down the street and I didn't stop running until I came to a familiar spot. I set down my bag as I entered the graveyard. My feet led me to the spot. As soon as I saw it, I fell to my knees and started crying. I sat there crying until my tears stopped coming.

I finally looked up at the headstone. Eathan Parks, loving brother, son, friend. I just looked at it. He was my best friend and we shared a secret. One that could have killed us both.

I continued crying until I couldn't anymore. I sat there, just looking at his grave. This isn't right, I thought. This can't be real.

Suddenly I woke up. I reached for my glasses, then turned on the light. I flinched at the sudden brightness. My eyes adjusted slowly. I fumbled for my phone on the nightstand beside my bed. Finally grabbing it, I unlocked the screen and dialed his number by heart. The dial tone buzzed in my ear like an angry wasp. He picked up on the third ring. "Hello? Abby, it's two in the morning."

I sighed, "I know, I'm sorry, Eathan. I just wanted to make sure you were okay." I listened as his breathing synced with mine.

"Another dream? Abby you know how I feel about those. You really need to see someone. You know I haven't had one in over a year." I could hear him move, his bed creaking slightly. I sat up and looked at my reflection in my mirror.

My orange-red hair was put into a ponytail, freckles danced over my nose and cheeks. I moved my glasses to where I could see my green eyes. "Hello? Abby, you there?" His voice interupted my thoughts. "I swear Abby, if you don't answer in the next few seconds, I'm coming over."

"I'm here, don't worry. I should go. I'll text you later, bye" I hung up and set my phone down. The next thing I knew, I was settling into a dreamless sleep.