Leah's Story - after BD (quick read!) Twilight fan fic

Twilight Fan Fiction -

After Breaking Dawn - Leah's Story

(Leah's point of view)

I hated the bloodsucking things.

Normally, when the thought of them shred through my mind, all I wanted to do was explode out of my skin and feel the wind, dirt and branches ripping at my fur. I was happier in that form. Until now, the wolf in me had always given me a freedom that was absent in my human, ageless body of a woman.

I pretended to stop at the stream for lick or two of fresh mountain water. In that particular spot, the water rushed around an exaggerated bend, cutting a deep trench through the pine ridden forest behind the town of Forks.

Of course, I had smelled him before he appeared on the other side... in their territory.  We didn't acknowledge each other at first. But when we were sure we were alone, we didn't have to pretend any longer.

Stepping further into the water, I found a spot deep enough and plunged in. I rolled around the freezing water until I became my human self. I could not and I would not let the pack into my mind for this moment. They wouldn't understand, exactly the way I didn't understand. So I had become an expert at hiding my emotions from Jacob and Seth. They could never, ever know about Jack.

I stepped up out of the frigid water and onto a grouping of slick rocks. Jack hurled himself through the air from behind a pine on the high ledge of rocks, then transversed the low rapids to meet me. My naked body shivered as he wrapped a cotton robe around me. Then with one perfect gleaming smile, he scooped me up, cradling me into his broad vampire chest and ran down the stream toward the ocean.

The in-between, in the middle of the two land territories, was the only safe place for us. It had become our meeting spot. Our silent rendezvous among nature.

I leaned my head into the curve of his neck, finding a strange solace in his scent. Unlike the others, I didn't want to rip his throat out for it. Instead it teased me. The aromas danced through my nostrils and activated a warmth inside my human heart. One that had been neglected and crushed by Sam, and many other boys before that. But Jack was different, he made me feel tamed, wanted, and most of all, he made me feel like what I wasn't most of the time—a woman.

So this was my secret love, a bloodsucker.

##

"Run away with me." Jack said nonchalantly as he stretched his limbs on the beach and stared out into the fading sunset sky.

I curled up beside him and considered the offer. "Maybe." I said. It was the same answer I always gave him.

"How can I turn a maybe into a yes?" he asked, as he brushed his fingers through my hair. I had finally gone to a salon to have the cropped mess trimmed in a sexy pixie length. With Jack around, I had a reason to care about my appearance.

"You can't" I responded, sadly.

"Of course we can!" Jack jumped up with excitement and grabbed me by the shoulders. "Don't you see, leaving Forks would set us free!"

"Yes, we would be free from hiding, but not free from what we are suppose to be—enemies." I reminded him.

His smile slipped away, because I could see that he knew I was right. There had been a truce among the wolves and the Cullens at one point in time. But those days were long gone now. When Jacob was ready to marry Renesmee, word of the marriage had spread like wildfire. And Vampires, it turns out, did not look kindly on the unholy union. They worried that Jacob and Ness's monster spawn might create a new hybrid. One that would threaten to wipe-out their race.

In the last year, Vampires from all over the world had relocated to the Northwest United States in mass numbers to see that the marriage would not take place. They organized themselves in a group called The Committee and gave the Cullen clan an ultimatum: Nullify the treaty with the wolves and cancel the wedding or death.

The Cullens didn't even have to consider. They chose to live. Mostly because Edward had taken up a vow of peace years ago after the Volturi came to destroy them. He sought to never put his family in jeopardy again.

But the fiasco had brought me Jack. He didn't necessary have a problem with the marriage, but his clan did. In fact, Cylus, Kaleb and Luce had been spearheading the propaganda and formed the Committee themselves, threatening war on the Cullens, the Wolves and anyone else who stood in their way.

But Jack, he wasn't like them. He was open and loving, accepting everyone as his friend. His naive eyes sparkled when he talked of the future. Our future, specifically.

And there was another aching problem. As much as I felt for Jack. I had not imprinted on him. I wondered If I might if he were human. The deep connection was there, just not the unmovable shackles that I witnessed through my packs eyes with their mates. As much as I hated Renesmee, through Jacob's mind, she was perfect. And I could not deny his love for her. Even Seth, locked in his young body, had found a match with Melanie. A bright eyed, red head with spiced freckles smeared across her pristine skin. My feelings for Jack were not like either of those. They were different because we had chosen each other, through free will.

So I treated our relationship as an indulgence. A gift to be cherished when we were together and one to be forgotten when we parted. Because I knew in this life their were many things I could not control and most of all, I could not control love.

By Michelle Warren

------------------------------------------------------

Book Website:

http://www.wanderdusttrilogy.com

Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michelle-Warren-YA-Author-of-Wander-Dust/124362290972713