Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

Armaan runs his hand in his hair with frustration and continues, "And Mary, she is not ready to utter a word. I don't understand, she is my employee or Kavya's."

Rihan chuckles and informs, "Well, at present she seems to be Kavya's loyal employee, but don't worry, soon you will get a chance to talk."

Armaan shakes his head and states, "I doubt, she doesn't even look at me, forget communicating."

Rihan smiles, catching the hint of sadness in Armaan's voice and reaches to place his hand on his shoulder.

Armaan faces him and Rihan explains, "Calm down, she is just angry with your confession and needs time to overcome it. So, don't give up this early and keep trying, I am sure, you will get a chance tonight."

Armaan doesn't reply and shifts his gaze to the floor, making Rihan roll his eyes and pulls him towards the exit of the cabin.

Armaan demands, "Where are you taking me?"

Rihan answers, "To the lift, so you can go up to your penthouse and take a nap. I will manage 9:30 am meeting alone. You need rest, before you do something wild in anger."

Armaan rolls his eyes, although obeys and walks to the lift.

Conference Room

At around 1 pm, Rihan stares at a fuming Armaan, who is scolding an employee for committing a minor error.

Rihan sighs as he recollects Armaan has been snappy entire day. He has threatened to fire 11 employees, who made minor errors or failed to provide desired results and no amount of hard work pleased him.

Armaan didn't even sleep, when Rihan sent him to the penthouse. He returned to his cabin after an hour of tossing on the bed as Kavya's words "It's none of your business" haunted his mind.

He even called Kavya, but she didn't answer his call, which increased his restlessness and he started shouting on everyone in the office.

Armaan yells, "One more mistake and you will be unemployed for the rest of your life, that's my promise. Do you get that?"

Rihan faces the scared employee and gestures him to relax. He asks him to leave and turns to face an annoyed Armaan, who is rotating the pencil around his finger rapidly.

Rihan places his hand over Armaan's to stop his actions and asks, "Can you please calm down? Or you want me to give you a sleeping pill, so you can sleep and calm your burning anger."

Armaan takes a deep breath, releasing his hand from Rihan's grip and tosses the pencil on the table. He rubs his hands over his face to compose himself.

But another thought alerts him and he demands, "Where is that lawyer? What is the position of the land, which I wanted for my hotel project?"

Rihan informs, "He was supposed to reach at 1."

Armaan checks his watch to read the time as 1:15 pm and asks with irritation, "Then where the hell is he?"

Before Rihan can answer, the door of the conference room opens, revealing Advocate Gaurav. He greets them, while walking closer and Rihan nods in response.

But Armaan glares at him and snaps, "You were supposed to reach here, 15 minutes back."

Gaurav gulps in nervousness and apologises, "Sorry Sir. Actually, I-"