Ain't Nothing But A G Thing

It ain't nothing but a g thing 

    I don't care what people think of me. I could care less, whether you like or not.

   Not many people can handle my attitude. I have a small group of friends, no larger, no less, just straight forward like that. People say that I'm mean, but oh well, they don't know what I go through, they don't know how it is to walk in my shoes. No one does.

  I was raised in a family of OGs and learned to take no shit from anyone. Either if they were Queen Elizabeth or not. 

  My dad, Damien is a trap lord and my mom, Alexis is a real estate agent.

  I even learned that most life is a game, you play it the right way and if you take the easy way, you get less things out of it.

  I forgot to introduce myself.

I'm Cassidy Nirah Carter and I'm slim, with long black hair, brown skin, and hazel eyes. I'm 20 years old and I'm a junior at South University. I'm also from South Florida. Miami to be exact. We call it different names; Miami, The 305, Miami-Dade, Dade, or Dade County.

Being from there ain't no joke, a lot of people not from there think it's nothing but beautiful beaches, restaurants, and clubs. Yeah, they're all there, but many of them don't know about the shootings and robberies almost everyday.

  It's all about location.

  It really is.

   After taking a shower and lotioning up, I got dressed in my red skinny jeans, gold crop top and strappy sandals. I put my hair in a high, neat bun and put in hoop earrings.

  As I walked downstairs, I found my parents eating breakfast. I decided to eat cereal and got a bowl, spoon, and some Frosted Flakes.

  I realized that there was no milk, I said, "We're out of milk."  "Use water instead," my dad said as he wolfed down his breakfast.

  I knew he would say something like that. I replied, "I rather not."

   "Then you'll starve," my mom said as she washed her dishes.

  'Oh no the hell I won't', I thought.

  I shook the cereal in the bowl and poured red Kool-Aid on it.

   That shit was bussin'! (bussin' means good)

   I finished my breakfast, grabbed my bag, phone, and keys and drove to school.

   I pulled up to South University (made up).

  When I hopped out of the car, I noticed a group of guys looking at me. I recognized one of them; Donte Jones, he worked for my dad's enemy, Alec Desmond. Donte was brown skin, had waves, and light brown eyes. He was 20 years old too. He was fine yeah, but I couldn't have relations with him or we'd get killed.

I acted like I didn't see him and kept walking, feeling their eyes burn holes in the back of my head.

   "That's Damien's daughter," one of them whispered. "She's fine as hell, I'd tap that." "Are you crazy?! Ha dad could bust a cap up yo ass if you touch ha!" "Betta leave ha alone, fo she don't get ha dad on y'all asses," another one of them said.

  Those guys thought they were slick. Little did they know, my dad was coming after all of them.

   "Oh please, what his ol' ass gone do? The worse he could do is get someone to do his dirty work, he's lame," one guy said.