Rose Guardian

I never thought I'd be living my dream. I thought being a guardian meant that all my dreams would die. Two years ago I thought a lot of things.

When I five years old I was told I'd be a guardian. I was going to protect our town. It wasn't until I was ten when I realized what that meant. I went to school like the other kids but after school, I couldn't join any clubs or have any friends. If I wasn't in school I was training. All my free time was spent training. It was really difficult, my teacher's expected more from me because I was a guardian, so I had to do better, be better. I studied sword fighting, archery, hand to hand combat, and magic. That was on top of the stuff I leaning in school. 

The kids my age were scared of me some of the adults as well but I didn't mind at the time. When my thirteenth birthday came around, my mom with tears in her eyes told me I was not living with her anymore. I was to live on my own in a little house in the forest. My mom and I both cried all day. My mom visited me as often as possible. Always making sure that I'm eating and taking care of myself. As time passed I became old enough for the town to pay me for being a guardian.

So I was no longer having my mom sending me food or clothes. From then on I started training less and doing more work around town. I had a dream of being a teacher but I quickly thought better. I have to protect the town I'm their hope. I keep telling myself that. Two months after my fifteenth birthday. I was walking home when I saw a guy my age on the ground all covered ash and blood. First thing I checked was if he was alive, then take him back home. He looks around my age. I quickly cleaned him up and put him on my bed. 

Then I saw many cuts on him and his arm was broken. When got to his face I checked his eyes and I was shocked to see he was a  fellow guardian! That's when my life changed.

When I became both a Guardian and a teacher.