Chapter 2

James' POV

I start to help pack away the music equipment. I turn to grab the guitar case, when I see 2 girls. One of them, is really pretty. Really pretty. I watch them walk away, and I hear one of the managers say.

"Go on. Go ask her out."

I turn to him and look at him for a few seconds. He leans in with his shoulder and nudges me.

"Go on. Whats the worst that can happen?"

I give a sigh, a good sigh though, and hand him the guitar case and run of to the two girls. I finally catch up with them. But oddly, one of them seems to dash off, luckily not the one I was hoping to ask out. I tap her shoulder and she turns around. I instantly see a smile on her face.

"Oh umm, hi... I um, do you need help or something?"

"O-oh no no, nothing like that. I would introduce myself, but considering that you have just listened to me sing for the past hour and a half, I don't think its really necessary."

I see the girl chuckle a bit. I cant help but smile myself.

"I was wa-wandering if m-maybe you would like to go out for dinner sometime, or not if you are busy or have plans or something..."

Sophies POV

Is this my life? Am I actually here? Have I died or something? Whats happening? Is James arthur actually asking me out? I snap out of this and see that he's still standing right in front of me, clearly waiting for an answer.

"I would love to. You free tomorrow?"

"Oh um yeah, sure. Can I pick you up at 7? Shall I give you my number or...?"

"Yeah sure here. Ill give you mine too. 7 sounds great."

I give him my phone and he gives me his and we both put each others numbers in. Don't ask me why I'm all of a sudden so confident because I have no idea.

"Ok thanks. See you tomorrow James."

"Y-yeah, um, bye..?"

I suddenly realise that I after all this I haven't even bothered to introduce myself.

"Oh sorry. Its Sophie."

"Nothing to apologise for. Sophie, thats a really pretty name. Ok Sophie, I'll pick you up at 7 tomorrow. But wait? I don't know where you live."

"Do you know this road?" I grab out my phone and show him a map of my road.

"Yeah."

"Number 4." I say then slowly walk closer to him and stand up on my heels and give him a kiss on the cheek. I see him trying to hide a grin as I pull away. "Bye James, see you tomorrow."

"Bye Sophie."

I see him with a bit more of grin on his face and turn away smiling. Did that actually just happen?