Chapter 4

Phoebe's POV
It's 8th period, and Ryker has not left my side. Earlier he came running down the hall, looking for me. When he got to me he had this look on his face. He asked me if I was okay. I said yes, why wouldn't I be? He didn't answer after that. I'm scared. What if... no. I refuse to think that he is 'him'. By him I mean my mate. You're probably wondering, what? Let me explain. I'm a hybrid. The only one left. My dad is human. He doesn't even know I'm a hybrid. The good and bad thing is I don't have all my powers yet. It's good because it's easier to hide. It's bad because I can't protect myself from anything, and I can't tell if he's my mate. Until I get my powers, I'll be weak.  "MS. CARLEEN! ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION?" Screamed Mrs Cross. "Yes, ma'am." I say in a quiet voice. She glared at me. She doesn't liked me. She turned back to the board and continued writing. Ryker turned around from his seat in front of me. "Do you need a ride home?" He asked. "Uhh... I guess. If it's no problem?..." I trailed off.  "No, no it's no problem!" He said. "Ok" I smiled. He smiled back. 'RING RING RING' I packed up my stuff, and so did Ryker. We went to the parking lot, and he went to his car, me following close behind. He's car was nice! My dad won't let me get one because he said I can walk to school. I got in on the passenger side and he got in on the drivers side. "Where do you live?" Ryker asked. "(Insert Address)" "Ok" he seemed shocked. He drove me home, when we got there I turned to him. "Thanks." I said. I quickly kissed his cheek, opened my door, and ran to my door. I unlocked the door and ran to my room. My wolf side took over. She wants her mate. The bad thing is where I don't have all my power yet, my wolf, witch, and mermaid could take over at any moment. This is one of those moments! 'Cassie!' I yelled in my head at my wolf. 'Ugh. What?' She asked. 'Why'd you do that!? We don't know him that well! He can turn out like 'them'. 'Honey, that ain't gonna turn out like the others.' 'Ok.' I said. I went to the kitchen to make something to eat. I was starving! I went to the sink to wash my hands. I looked up at the window above the sink. The window was pointed towards the forest. I saw something move. Then, I saw what looked like to be eyes...