"I didn't even hit that hard," She said parting away but still encircling his waist with her legs. 

"Take me to room," She demanded and Manik just nodded taking the command. 

He looked around to see her angry parents and a terrified Daadu. Another door flung opened and a young man walked out wearing confusion all over his face. 

"That should be your brother," Manik asked. 

"Yes," She answered and looked away putting her head on his shoulder. 

"My room," She reminded and Manik smiled awkwardly looking at all the faces. 

He gently climbed the stairs to avoid further embarrassment and entered her room. She didn't nudge but stayed the way she was. Her eyes were closed, Manik assumed the way her heartbeats evened. He couldn't see her face but she could feel how tired she was. 

"Nandini," He called her name carefully. 

"Shut up," She yelled and sighed deep. 

Another two minutes and she was still in his arms. His each nerve was swelling with her warmth around. He was afraid if she could hear all the weird sounds his stomach had made. Even saliva didn't get down his throat without making a sound. It was like he had lifted the fire in arms which was consuming him each second. 

"Nandini," He again called. 

"Shhhhhh," She shushed him putting her finger on his lips. He could finally see her face. She was vulnerable. Her eyes were moist but she was too stubborn to let the prisoners out. Her face was red and he knew it wasn't hue but sheer agony. 

"What's wrong?" He asked against her finger. 

"Everything is wrong," She said getting down. Walking to her bed, she threw herself in it. Manik regretted his words, she wasn't in his arms anymore. And that felt like most wrong thing ever. He shook his head shooing away all the stray thoughts. 

Manik didn't know how to approach the mad girl lying in front of him. He had never seen her that bothered. He wanted to hold her close, he wanted to tell her it was okay, he wanted to throw a tantrum for disappearing on him, he wanted to steal her before she disappears again. There was so much going on. 

She turned around on bed and looked at him still lying on bed. Her eyes demanding something, her face ached, her eyes nothing less than a storm; Manik felt like gathering her in arms. He walked to bed and extracted her from bed only to embrace her so tight. She didn't protest. He knew she didn't feel the way he did for her. But still it was everything. He didn't know how his leg didn't shake, how his hands didn't tremble and how his heart didn't explode. He didn't feel nervous. 

"What's wrong?" He asked worried. 

"They won't let me come to academy," She confessed feebly. Her voice lower than ever, Manik looked at her quickly. He had never seen her like that. 

"They won't let me do anything I want," This time she yelled throwing the cushion away. 

"They won't let me breathe, they won't let me live, they won't let me be," She yelled further breaking down. Storming down the bed, she walked back and forth trying to gather herself. 

"I don't understand," Manik mumbled unable to understand the matter. 

"Why would they force you?" He asked only to get a scowl from her. Of course, she won't tell. If she could, he wouldn't be feeling this afraid. She was wired that way. 

"Nothing can stop you," Manik said refusing to believe everything. 

"You are NANDINI MURTHY," He said walking closer to her.