She park her car in front of the diner and look at herself on the mirror. She tied her long blond hair in a messy bun before got out. Everyone outside the diner look at her. They never seen her before. They all were curious to who she was.

When she entered he diner, once again, all eyes on her. Embarrass, she walk with her head down down to the counter and ask for a simple lunch set and a glass of orange juice. Few minutes waiting, she was glad that her food looks like it's eatable.

This is all so new for her. She was enjoying her meal when a waitress came up to her. "You're new here huh?" The waitress ask. Kate swallow her food and nods. "Where yah from?" She ask again. Kate think for a minute. If they know she's from the Christ Estate, they all will get even more curious to why she's here.

"I'm from the north. Coming here to search for a decent job. Rebuilding my new life in a new town." The waitress smile. "Good luck sugar. I hope the best for you. Here." She place a piece of cake on a plate in front of her. "For luck. It's on the house." The waitress smile and leave her alone.

With a stomach full of food, she went to the registry counter and pay for her food. She place a hefty amount of tips and smile before walking out of the diner. She got inside her car again and drive away towards her rented apartment in town.

It's not much like the one she used to but it's home. The least. If her mother's saw how terrible looking the apartment was, they probably going to have a fit and drag her away from the place that very moment.

But Kate believe, a little cleaning up will do her good. Beside, she already paid for 3 months rent.

***

Kate stop by the road and look out. It's her apartment building alright. She look around before decided to go out. The landlady did warned her to be careful around here. She went to the back of her car and open the boot.

She took out both of her suitcase and made way towards the stairs. With little breath she has, she place the suitcases down on top of the stairs and lock her car. She carried her suitcases through the door and to the lift. She pressed the floor she live in and waited patiently.

When the lift door opens, she carried her heavy suitcases to her apartment door. "18.." she breaths out and unlocking her apartment door. Once inside, she place her bags in the living room.

She look around and wonder which part of her apartment to start first. Her disgusting kitchen or the dull looking living room. Not to mention the horrendous state of her room. She went to one of her suitcases and change to a more comfortable clothes.

She decided to start with the kitchen first. With the cleaning supply she had bought earlier, she scrub, clean and make sure every part of the kitchen is clean. It's been forever since someone rented the apartment.

It looks like a haunted apartment to be honest. She then proceed to the empty and dirty living room. She started to mop the floors and wipe windows. She plan to buy some furniture for the room but probably after her first salary.

She's not living with her parents anymore. She need to be frugal about everything.

After making sure every part of the living room is clean, she went to the only room in the apartment. With her brother's help,m to carried it up to her room. she bought a new mattress and bed days before moving in. She started to clean the whole room and bathroom without complaining.

After it's all done, she took a deep breath and proud of herself to actually clean the apartment all by herself. She then felt her stomach grumbling from hunger. She decided to take a shower before going out to explore the surrounding.