1

"Rain, are you even listening?" Alex waved her hand in my face. "Oh? No I am not sorry." I blushed embarrassed that she caught I was paying attention. "What is up with you?" Alex took a sip of her coffee. "Well, she had been acting weird since the new vet Assistant started working with us the other week! And my he is attractive!" Ava smiled. "Ava! That's not true! I just have been busy with Nova that's all." I lied but when you have been best friends with someone since middle school for one and high school the other they can tell. 

Alex and I have known each other since seventh grade, always there for each other.  And Ava and I met when I was in tenth grade when I was crushing on her brothers good friend who lived with them, we would take turns driving to school. He eventually asked if Ava could ride home with us and that's how i met her, she was a freshman then. Now, Ava just graduated and has been working with me at the vets office for a few month. I am a vet Assistant going to school to be a veterinarian and Ava is following me to Vet school. Alex wants to be a lawyer or something, she hasn't decided yet. But we all have something in common, we all love animals. I have a mare who is named Nova, Ava has a gelding whose name is Hippy. Alex loves horses just still not 100% comfortable and we are teaching her how to ride. Anyways back to the story hehehe!

"Rain, you got a crush on him?" Alex nudged me with her elbow. "Oh shut it, that's not true! I have just been thinking a lot lately about crap like school and what not." I sighed and took a sip of my coffee only to cringe, "Cunt." I glared at Alex and she smirked holding up my coffee as I slammed her black coffee down. "You would think, with as much sweet stuff in your coffee you would be nicer." She and Ava laughed. 

"Hey Ava! Funny running into you here!" Kyle, her boyfriend smiled as he and a couple of his friends walked in. "Kyle! We were just talking about boys!" Alex smirked knowing it irked him to be referred to as a boy. "I am 19, I am a man. Come on does it really hurt to acknowledge that." He sighed and rubbed his forehead. "I will always see you as a kid, I did baby sit you a couple times." Alex smirked and caused us all to laugh. "Don't make me call Ryan, he would put you in your place." Kyle glared at her as she cocked an eyebrow. "Put me in my place? Bitch who? Where? When? I would like to see some one try. Don't think because you are now dating and know what that little thing in your pants is that you can talk crap. I am still older than you!" Alex raised her voice and I was having a hard time not choking on my drink. "That only works when we are both full Korean." Kyle smirked.  Both Kyle and Alex are half Korean, well he is one third Korean and two thirds white. "I can still kick your ass." Alex cracked her knuckles and Ava sighed. 

"When will you two act your age? Stop enough." Ava glared at her boyfriend who just humphed.  Just then Alex's cell went off. "Huh? Oh its a message from Ryan. The boys are trying to do a bonfire but need a place and was wondering about our house." Alex smiled, we all loved a good bonfire and when we lived on 40 acres it was easy to do. "Who all is going to come?" I asked getting ideas for the party. "Well, so farm Anthony, Riven, Tyler, Devin and their girl friends and just some of the guys from the wrestling team and such, kinda a small class Reunion." Alex was typing back. "Oh? So could that guy be there, what was his name? Hmmmm." Ava was trying to think of someone and looked at Alex who had a gleam in her eye, "Jesse! The one Rain always had the hots for!" I blushed and shook my head. "That has been a few years, well 3 to be exact and I no longer like him." I opened Facebook on my phone.  "When was the last time you talked to him?" Kyle jumped in. "Two years, we are only friends anyways!" I thought about it. 

My phone started to ring, "Hello? Oh Dr. Conley, yes. Is there no one else available? No I am not saying that! I am on my way? Oh stop by the sister clinic, what do I need to get from there? Ok got it. I am on my way." I hung up and sighed looking at Ava and Alex. "Dr. Conley sure calls you  a lot , she is hard on you also." Alex sighed. "It's because she knows how much Rain wants to be a vet, she's pushing her. But I do agree sometimes you need to say no." Ava pointed her finger at me. "Hey it's all good, I need to get use to emergency's for when I am an actual vet, you better not start complaining. When you get to my level they will be calling you the same way." I smiled, picked up my bag and waved as I rushed to my truck. Time to get to work.

Character Description so far.

Rain- height is 6'3, age is 21, hair is blonde and to her waist, her eyes are blue,white

Ava- 5'8, Brown hair to a little past the shoulders, brown eyes, age is 18, white

Alex-tan-half Korean half white, black hair that is short, black eyes, 5'6 age is 21

Alex- one third Korean and two thirds white, Brown shirt hair, brown eyes, age is 19, 6ft even, dating Ava

Ryan- white, 6'2, age is 22, shirt dark brown hair, blue eyes