The Mobster Little Girl

I lived good, always had. We had a three story house, six bed, four bath, one office, one living room, one kitchen, one dinning room, one meeting room, and a pool room. We had a huge backyard with a pool and hot tub, lemon tree. And lots of grass. The front yard had grass, rose bushes and a big old oak tree. This all makes sense, considering my dad is very high up in the mafia.

            I woke up and looked around my room, the violet walls met with the cream colored carpet, my queen sized bed was covered with bed spread that matched the walls. I slipped out of my bed and went to my cream colored make-up table. I sat down in the matching chair and started on my make up. First foundation, then blush, eye liner, eye shadow and then mascara. I have olive colored skin, straight black laired hair and light blue eyes. I pulled a brush threw my hair and pulled it into a bun with one lock out on the right side.

            I swung around and headed to my closet, it was a big walk in. I pulled a gray scoop top dress that went about 6 inches above my knees. I pulled a wide black belt around my waist. Slid my feet into black fabric boots. And for the final touch I clasped my silver charm bracelet around my wrist. This was my morning.

            I opened the door and walked down the stairs. My room was on the second floor and the kitchen was on the first along with the living room, dining room and one bathroom. Second floor had my bedroom, my parents master bed room, my two older brothers rooms, and two bathrooms. Third floor held  the guest rooms, the meeting room, another bathroom, Daddy’s office and the pool room.

            I entered the kitchen, Mom and Daddy were eating at the island. Mom had brown hair and green eyes, and was, well white. Daddy on the other hand had the olive skin, black hair and hazel eyes. My two brothers were younger versions of Daddy. Dragon had long shaggy hair, but River had short spiky hair; they were twins, and always had some prank planed.

“Morning Phoenix.” Daddy said as he got up, and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I know what your thinking, weird names. Dragon, River and Phoenix. When Dragon and River were born Daddy was drunk and named them, and when he realized it the next day he thought it was original and quite funny, so he kept them. When I was born he was sober but chose to keep the tradition of odd names. “how did you sleep?”

“Fine, how about you?’

“Fine fine. There’s toast and eggs on a plate for you on the counter.”

“Thank you” I walked slowly passed Mom, but as usual she didn’t even glance at me. I grabbed the plate and walked to the table to sit with my brothers. “Morning, Tweedle-Dee, Tweedle-Dumb.”

“Good morning Trivial Pursuit.” These were names that we called each other often. They got mine from the fact that I spew random facts. We sat there in silence until Dragon looked up and said “How many drops of bleach does it take to purify water, Phoenix?”

            I thought for a minute and took a sip of my orange juice “Eight drops per gallon” I replied matter of fact like. I wondered why they needed to know that for…… or who they needed for was always more of the question. I reached for my own water and took a small sip.

“You might want to put some bleach in that” River said, as Dragon laughed.

            The facts slowly clicked in to place in my head “What did you two do to my water?!” Mom walked out with out with out word. Dragon and River were cracking up. Daddy looked up from the paper. I grabbed my water and threw the liquid at River, then did the same with the orange juice to Dragon. “Answer me!” I snapped.

“We just put some bacteria into it! Just enough to make it like pond water.” Dragon said coolly, considering the fact that River was in hysterics. Daddy even laughed, but my jaw just dropped. I scooped up the soft butter from the table and messed it into Dragons hair he froze as I did it; which sent River into more laughter. When I walked over to him I took his water dumped it into his hair, then took the sugar bowl and worked that in to his short hair. They both stared at me as I smiled and turned. The next thing I knew was that Dragon smudged jam on my dress while River rubbed egg into my bun.