~Chapter 11-Blue ribbons~

Start from the beginning

"I feel like you're doing something I want nothing to do with..." You hiss at Sans when starts to tie one of the blue ribbons around your left ankle.

"You don't even know what I'm doing, kid." Sans laughs, pulling both ends of the looped ribbon to make a pretty bow.

"No, I don't. But why the ribbons?" You hand him the second ribbon when he reaches up for it.

He takes off your another shoe, throwing it off to the side along with the another one. You liked those shoes. He starts to tie the second ribbon around your right ankle, making sure not to break eye contact with you. You pry your eyes away and down to your lap, trying to calm the adrenaline pumping through your veins. Your heart was pounding and the blood just kept rushing to your cheeks, giving them that bright red color that Sans adored so much.

"That is what you're going to find out." Sans stands up from tying the ribbons, spinning around and walking away to the other side of the stage, leaving you sitting there all alone.

When he gets to the other side of the stage, his turns back around to face you, one hand shoved inside his hoodie pocket while the other one was held up by his side. His smirk is replaced with a generally happy grin, his fingertips starting to glow dark blue. The ribbons around your ankles start to make the skin around them burn and sting. Tipping over to see what was irritating your skin, all you find is the two ribbons that were now surrounded in the same magic Sans hand was covered in.

"Come here," is all he says.

You bite your bottom lip, grabbing both of your wheelchair wheels before being snapped at.

"No, not with your wheelchair, kiddo." Sans stops you with a soft voice.

You give him a face of panic and disappointment, knowing that he was trying to make you feel bad. He knew you couldn't walk and hated the mention of it so why was he doing this? Tears start to collect at the bottom of your eyes, hands clenching into tight fists.

"I can't, Sans." You wipe away the tears that wanted to fall with the back of your hand, not wanting him to see the clear tears.

"Look, I must seem kind of mean right now but you need to trust me."

With harsh eyes, you glare over at him. You clench your teeth together, biting back the venomous words that wanted to tip off your tongue and over to the skeleton that was currently making your blood boil.

"What? Do you want me to crawl?" You growl through clenched teeth.

"I want you to walk to me."

With all the determination and anger you could muster up, you try to hoist yourself up only to fail and fall out of your chair, hitting the hardwood stage with a painful thump. Sans sighs, walking over to you and gently grabbing your hands to help you up.

"I can't walk. I can't run. I can't dance. You know this. W-why are you torturing me?" You cry out softly.

Sans chuckles, backing up while pulling on your hands to help you up. You squeeze your eyes close when feeling Sans pull you up to your feet.

You didn't expect to keep standing without falling over.

Sans' arm wraps around your waist and pulls you close to his chest, his pin-pricks rolling over your face to see your expressions. You were extremely pale, for one.

"Why haven't I fallen yet?" You whisper, cracking open an eye.

"Because I'm not letting you fall and I never will."

You look down to see that your feet were placed firmly on the wooden stage. Your legs didn't buckle but stayed upright like normal. The feeling in your legs were the same, though. The feeling of numbness and no control over your own body. Severely freaked out, you scream and push yourself away from Sans, hoping that you would fall back to the ground. That didn't happen.

"H-how am I standing?! Did I pass out and this is a dream?" You start to hyperventilate, groping at where your heart is.

Sans steps up to you and grabs your hands, pulling them away from your chest and giving a famous lazy smile. You stare down at your legs, eyes wide and filled with tears.

"It's not a dream. You can thank me for the ability to walk again, by the way." He holds up his glowing hand, a cheeky smile plastered on his face.

"F-for how long?"

"A few hours at a time. I can't keep you standing all day."

Lifting up your head, your eyes connect with Sans' pin-pricks. His face was flushed a bright blue, a nervous smile coating his teeth. You wrap your arms around his neck and pull him close, closing the huge gap between the both of you. You hug him tight, tears running down the sides of your face and dripping onto his covered shoulder.

"I-it's not that big of a deal, k-kid-" Sans goes to speak but you cut him off with a peck on his cheek.

"Thank you. I've never been giving something so great. Even if it's for a little while... I'm just glad I can walk again." You whisper where his ear would be, your arms tightening around him.

"I want to repay you for everything." You loosen your grip around him, glancing down to see that his arms were stuck straight to his side. He was nervous.

You grab his hands and lead them around your waist, smiling softly at his deepening color of a blush. Wrapping your arms around his neck once more, his hands clamped around your waist tighten in shock, his eyes looking everywhere else but you. Your hands tangled into his pulled down hood, forcing him to look at you in the eyes.

"(Y-y/n)..." His deep voice trembles.

"Why did you do this for me?" You blurt out the question racing through your head.

You blink, looking at him through your thick lashes. He goes over a millions of answers but just couldn't come up with one good enough to explain.

'I did it because I really like you?'

'I did it because we're friends?'

'I did it because I felt bad for you?'

No, there was one thing that felt right for him to say. If you didn't return his words of kindness then he would be fine with that. If you wanted to stay friends with him for forever, he wouldn't question it. If you wanted to leave and never speak with him again, he wouldn't question it. All he cares for is your happiness.

"I did it because I think I might be falling in love with you..."

----

Credit to SkyDoesFan for the ribbon idea.