Chapter 6 : Lucent Lynx

Almost 100 reads ! Thank you guys !! This basically screams for a new chapter, so here you go ~

-----------------------------

Believe it or not, Barry and I managed to get through the awkward double date with my brother and his new girlfriend. Her name is Lisa, she's a sweet girl, beautiful too, with shiny blonde hair. She reminded me of someone but I couldn't put my finger on it. Even Barry said she looked familiar, so maybe we've seen her at Jitters before. I decided not to waste any more thoughts on her as Barry walked me home.

"That wasn't too bad." I say in front of my flat, opening my door. "What, no goodnight kiss? I doubt I can handle this kind of relationship." Barry says jokingly. "Oh really? Well, we better break up then." I respond, crossing my arms in front of my chest. "Okay then." Barry tries to fake an offended expression. "Fine." I slam my door shut in front of his face, only to open it again after a couple of seconds. "I think that will do." I shrug and we both laugh.

"We're lucky that Jay will be on a business trip over the weekend. I'll think about something to tell him when he comes back." I tell Barry and lean against my door frame. "We noticed we make way better friends?" he offers, smiling at me. "I'm very sure we do." I nod and smile back.

"So I'll see you at S.T.A.R. Labs tomorrow? Cisco still wants to give you the necklace." Barry says and hugs me goodbye. "Uh, yes. I'll have to take some photos of an old lady and her dog first, but I'll be there later. See you tomorrow." I say, letting go of him. "Right, I almost forgot you're a photographer. Alright, see you tomorrow." He says and waves as he leaves.

The next day I had the pleasure of taking a lot of nice pictures of Mrs. Miller and her Yorkshire Terrier Poppy for a self-made calendar she wanted to give to her friends. They were very pleasant customers so I could finish the job earlier than expected and made my way to S.T.A.R. Labs.

I entered the Cortex to find Cisco and Caitlin sitting in front of the computer screens. "Hey guys!" They turn around at the sound of my voice. "Faye! You're early." Caitlin states and hugs me. "Finally!" Cisco announces, jumps up from his seat and leaves the room, just to reappear with something in his hands. "Barry already told you, but this is what I came up with." he is visibly excited and hands me a necklace. It's quite short, almost like a choker, with a small crystal pendant. It still looks like a piece you can wear on a daily basis, nothing too pompous.

"Wow. It's beautiful." I say examining the item in my hand. "And it's more than that. Thanks to electromagnetic contacts that .." Cisco tries to explain the necklace's special functions but I can't understand a thing. "In English?" I ask him, raising an eyebrow. "Right. Put it on." I do as I am told as he continues explaining. "We will be able to check your vitals when you're wearing this but what's more important for you is that this little crystal can absorb photon energy. Meaning, if you ever need to control your powers somehow, this little gem will help."

Cisco's words make me think about my transparent form. "I.. There was something I wanted to tell you anyways. Two days ago, Leonard Snart was in my flat.." "What?!" Caitlin and Cisco blurt out at the same time. "He..saw how I used my powers and wanted to know about the Flash.." I continued, making Cisco mutter Captain Cold under his breath. I couldn't help but smile. "Now that's a good name." I admit and Cisco nods, still visibly annoyed. "I didn't tell him anything." I try to lighten the mood. "But I kinda merged with the light in my room and became invisible. Well, more like transparent. His cold gun shot right through me, not hurting me. Not even a scratch." I explain and Caitlin nods like she already has the correct scientific explanation in her head. She is about to say something but I silence her with one hand. "Don't even try to explain this to me." I laugh, making her smile, too.

"But this means, this necklace can help me control that, right?" I ask curiously and Cisco grins. "Of course. There are also very small but powerful LED lights in it. Just press the small button at the back. Since you can only work with light that is already there, you should carry some with you in case you get stuck in.. dark places." He makes a spooky gesture with his hands to emphasize the last words. "Got it. Awesome. Thank you so much, Cisco." I say and hug him.

"No need to thank me,.. Lucent Lynx." Cisco flashes a mischievous smile. Caitlin seems to think for a moment. "Lucent Lynx. It doesn't sound so bad." she says and I don't think there is any more room to argue. "It sure fits." I just say and concentrate on turning lucent. I feel the crystal heavy on my cleavage as it glows for a couple of seconds, then it's gone. Just like the rest of my body, it turned invisible. "So cool..." Is the only thing Cisco says.

Still invisible, I notice that Barry and Dr. Wells enter the Cortex. "I keep getting faster." Barry explains, earning a thumbs up from Cisco. The two men don't seem to feel my presence, which makes me feel even more confident about my powers.

"Shouldn't Faye be here by now?" Barry asks, so I turn visible again. The necklace really helps. "Oh!" I obviously scared him. Wells just smiles. "Now I know what it's like for you guys when I suddenly appear, huh?" Barry says and laughs.

Suddenly a ringing sound distracts us and Cisco rushes over to the screens again. "Show time. There's a fire.." he starts explaining but Barry is already gone.

While Caitlin and Cisco give The Flash directions over his earpiece, I decide I'm done here for today, thank Cisco again for the necklace and take my leave.

Wandering around Central City, I notice that I've never really been to this part of the city before. That's why I decide to check out a bar that attracts my attention, reconsidering my decision the moment I look over to the counter.

I immediately recognise the criminal who broke into my flat and almost decide to leave again. However, something inside me tells me not to, so I just walk over to him and tap him on the shoulder.

"Snart." 

------------------------------

Oooh Cliffhanger ! Sorry, I didn't want this chaper to be longer than it already is. Let me know what you think ! :)