Introduction Faye White

"Thank you very much for your call, Mrs. Miller. I'm looking forward to working with you and your dog." I say cheerfully into my phone. "Yes, you too. Goodbye." I hang up and smile.

My name is Faye White and I'm a photographer in Central City. After my grandma died I inherited her small flat and turned it into a studio. Unfortunately word hasn't really spread and I'm yet trying to get more customers and jobs that pay off. Instead I take pictures of old ladies and their pets. Since my studio doesn't have enough room, I live in another flat above it. To be able to pay the rent I also work shifts at a café called "Jitters".

I put away the phone and search my desk for a calendar that I use to write down my appointments. "I really need to tidy this up." I say to myself and rummage through a pile of stuff I left on my desk. An old photo catches my attention. It shows the particle accelerator the night S.T.A.R. labs tried to turn it on. It all happened a year ago and changed my life forever.

The picture was taken shortly before the accelerator exploded and I was about to leave the studio when it did so. I remember wanting to turn off my lighting equipment and how the lights suddenly got brighter and brighter the moment I touched them, causing me a headache I've never felt before. My sight was blurred and eventually went black.

What can I say? I woke up two days later with the ability to control light from that moment on. I can't say It didn't freak me out at first, because it did. I thought I was going crazy.

But after a while you just get used to it.

I place the photo next to my computer and finally find my calendar that says something about a dinner with Iris for today. "Oh shit. I totally forgot." I say and quickly grab my bag and coat. With a slight move of my hand I turn off all the lights before heading out of the studio.