3. HIS Love

Part-3

"Manik..." She called him slowly yet with an unbelievable expression.
"Ha...Manik..." He said to console her with an assuring tone and tears in his eyes.
"Aap...!!!" She couldn't believe her eyes.
"How are you...???" She asked him slowly.
A lone tear escaped his eyes looking at her and he wiped it immediately.
"I'm fine...but you...what is this Nandini..?? Are you alone here...?? Where are your parents...?? And your...husband..??" He asked all of his questions that are wandering in his mind.
"Manik...where...am I..??" She asked weakly looking at the surroundings.
"Hospital.." He said.
"Manik...can u plz...do me...a favour..." She asked with pleading eyes.
He just nodded and touched her hand.She looked at his hand on hers and said "plz...take me to your home...I want to be alone...away..."
Though he is shocked with her rquest,he thought of asking the reason after some time.All he has to do now is to fulfill her wish.He nodded and went to talk to the doctor.After sometime he came back and sat beside while she was staring at the ceiling blankly.
Doctor came inside and asked "So Mrs.Malhotra.."
She just looked at Manik listening it and he was expressionless.
"How are you feeling now..??" Doctor asked.
She smiled a little and said "Better"
"Your husband wants to take u home...and I advice complete rest and nutritious food for sometime...will u have it without any complaints..??" He asked while checking her pulse.
She again looked at Manik hearing the word husband and nodded her head to the doctor.After all the formalities,Manik took Nandini to his home.As his parents are staying in New York, he has no one to question about her.His servants already kept everything ready as per his orders.
He made her way to the car with the help of wheel chair because he don't want to make her feel uncomfortable by lifting her up.After reaching his house,when she was about to get down the car and touch the ground, she felt something under her feet and it was his hand.
"Manik...what are you doing...??" She asked in shock.
"And what are you doing...?? Don't you have sense that your feet will get hurt again if u walk like that.." He said in a strict tone pointing towards her bare feet. She stood without any answer still on his hands. 
"Give me a minute...till then sit in the car..please.." He said and she did so. He brought feathery slippers so that she can feel softness and slowly made her wear them.
"Nandini...if u still can't walk, I'll..." he stopped and looked at her.
"I can..walk..." She said slowly and he helped her to walk by holding her hand. He carefully made her lay on bed and after making her eat something healthy and medicines, he asked her to sleep.
He was about to go but she called him to stop.
"Do u need anything..??" He asked the reason to why she stopped him.
"I want to ask the same question Manik...Do u need anything...??" She asked him.
He slowly came back and sat beside her and said "Haa...I need some answers...and I guess u know my questions...so...give the answers whenever u are comfortable...It's ok..."
She smiled a little and took a deep breath and started "Aryaman...my husband...ever caring husband...or should I say over caring husband..."
He wiped the tear which is about to fall from her eyes because it is hurting him more than her.
"I shouldn't have left you Manik...I shouldn't have...I ruined everyone's lives...mine,urs and Aryaman's..." She said while crying.
"Nandini...plzzz...calm down...first calm down and relax...u don't need to answer anything now...take rest...plz..." He tried to stop her.
"No Manik...let me talk...it's been 2years...since I've talked my heart out...to a person..."She said making him shock.
She continued "I married that person because of my family...but...Manik...he is strange...u know...what he did on our first day of marriage..."

FLASHBACK 2years ago

"Welcome Nandini khurana" Aryaman welcomed his wife to her new home which is farm house.She happily entered the house thinking about the new life.

At night, it's their suhagraat.The room was decorated beautifully and they are all alone in the farm house.Nandini dressed up in bridal wear and was thinking about her mother's words "Beta...This relation is very important..never argue with ur husband...and tolerate everything silently because there won't be any respect if this relation fails...and moreover u have a sister who have to get married..and if u do any mistake,our whole family will be affected..."
She wiped her tears as Aryaman entered.She mentally prepared herself for the upcoming life.He came towards her slowly and suddenly she shouted and hugged him in fear.
"Nandu..what happened..why are u shouting...??" He asked rubbing her back.
"Cock..cockroach...plz...I'm so scared of cockroaches...hatayiye na plzz...remove it..." She said in fear still hugging him.
Suddenly his expression changed to an angry frown and looked at the cockroach.He seperated himself from her while she was closing her eyes tightly,he held the cockroach with his fingers and said "Nandu...now open ur eyes..." 
She slowly opened her eyes and saw cockroach in his hands.
"Throw it please..." She shrieked again and closed her eyes.He immediately held her jaw and shouted "Open ur eyes dammit.." 
She got even more scared listening him and opened her eyes.
"Now catch this.."He ordered giving the creature to her.She trembled and nodded her head in a no vigorously.
"I won't repeat myself Nandu...Now come one...hold this and throw this by urself or else I'll put it in ur dress..."He warned.
She cried and pleaded him but of no use.Finally she took it with shivering hands and threw it out with in a second and hugged him tightly.He hugged her back and thought "If u are scared of this tiny things,then how can our children wil be brave...!!! No way...I've to do something..." He made her sleep without doing anything.
Next morning,Nandini tried to open the washroom door after taking shower.But it is locked.
"Aryaman...I think the door is locked...please help me na.."She called him from inside while he was standing out of the door itself.
"I'm coming...move away from the door.."He said and she did so.
He,within a fraction of second,opened the door and emptied the jar in his hand on the washroom floor and locked the door again.All Nandini could do was to get shocked,shiver and shout for help.Because the jar he emptied consists of almost 10 cockroaches and they are crawling all over the floor.
"Aryaman...please open the door...please..."She pleaded while crying and scared seeing them.
"Not so easily Nandu...If u are so coward like this,then how can I expect my child to be brave...So be there for good 10 mins without any noise...then I'll open the door...and ur time starts now..."He said in a go and sat on the bed looking at the watch while Nandini closed her mouth tightly with her palm and sat on the slab and sprinkled water if any creature came towards her.

FLASHBACK ENDS.

She continuously cried while narrating the incident and Manik got an idea of the ruthless character of her husband.
"Sshh...Nandini...relax..."He calmed her and she closed her eyes feeling dizzy due to medicines.
"Don't know what all she bore with that idiot..."He thought and leaned back.