"J.jj.aa.yy"

"Yes love?" Jayson looked up and saw Kate waving at him.

"You completely zoned out"

Jay shook his head and leaned over to kiss her. He got up and cleared the table as they had finished and Kate did up the dishes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon Jayson's exams were over and he was officially done with his MBA. Tonight they were going to out to celebrate.

Jayson sat on the bed, ready while he watched Kate put on her makeup.

"You don't need it you know."
Kate raised her eyebrows at him.

"The makeup I mean." Jay said as he stood and went behind her.

He pushed aside her hair and placed a kiss on her neck. He loved her long brown hair which fell in soft natural curls down to her waist. He circled her waist with his arms and pulled her against his chest. He placed a trail of kisses along her neck and behind her ear.

Kate shook her head and said "You want to celebrate here?"

"Okay, sorry" Jayson smirked at her.

Soon Kate was ready and they headed out.

Jay patted his inside pocket of his blazer and smiled when he felt the small box.

Yes, he was going to propose to her today.

Before his last exam his father had flown down to Boston for a meeting and Jay had gone out to meet him for lunch. Kate was not able to come along as she was busy at the gallery.

He remembered the talk he had with his father.

[flashback]

"Dad, when did you propose to mom?"

Marc looked at his son and put down his fork.

"What your mother and I had, it was unique. I mean we had you first and then I met her again after six years. It just felt right being with her. She was my other half. I just did not feel complete without her and once I realized that I didn't waste another moment and got down on one knee for her."

"Okay..."Jayson said as he pushed his food around on the plate with his fork.

"Let me tell you something son. Love is something that most humans do not understand but you cannot blame anyone as love does make us do crazy things. I know and I understand how you feel for Katherine and I will not stand in the way of that. However just make sure you know where you stand with her and also where you are at this point of your life. Are you satisfied with your own life? Do you think if you take the step of marriage now then how will it affect both your careers? I am not trying to discourage you but just look at all the aspects before you take any step."

"Thanks dad but she is my whole world. She is the reason I strive to be a better man everyday so that I can be worthy of her. I want her to be a part of every moment in the rest of my life."

"Well, I guess then you know your answer."

[flashback ends]

Jay was jerked backed into the present as he felt Kate grab his arm. He looked at her and saw her doubled over and clutching her stomach in pain.

Hey hey...babe...what is wrong?" Jayson asked as he panicked and helped her up.

"P..p.paa.i—" Kate tried to say.

"Just one second love" Jayson said he lifted her up and rushed towards his car. He didn't know what was going on but Kate was now groaning with pain. Just as he was about to open the passenger seat and put her in she threw up.

"Kate...babe please hold on. I am sorry." Jayson said. His hands were now shaking. What just happened? She was perfectly alright few moments ago...

Jayson hurriedly buckled her in and took of his blazer and wiped her up with tissues.

He drove like a madman all the way to the hospital, his heart wrenching in pain every time Kate wailed out in pain.

"Babe...just few more moments...we are almost there..."

Jayson hurriedly parked outside the emergency bay and left the car running as he unbuckled Kate from the car and ran inside the hospital yelling for a doctor. Kate threw up again.

Seeing her condition, a nurse and doctor immediately rushed up to them and Kate was put on a stretcher and wheeled in towards the emergency ward.

Jayson ran behind to follow but was stopped by a nurse.

"Sorry sir you cannot go in there. The doctor will be with you once he finishes the check up, until then I need you to fill out this form."

Jayson took the form and filled out the basic information and other formalities that were mentioned in the form.

"Please let her be okay." He repeatedly prayed in his head. He finished the form and handed it back to the nurse.

"Sir, we need an immediate relative of the patient here for further paperwork."

"I am her fiancé" Jayson said.

"Okay, then please wait in the adjoining room."

After what felt like an eternity to Jayson, the doctor came into the room with a grim face.

"What is wrong doctor? Please tell me..."

"Please come with me to my office." 

Hope you liked it!

Please do leave you views in the comments below!

Vote

Share

& follow if you enjoyed it! :)