Six

Most of the wolves were woken up, if not already awake, by Leah who is panicking. Her scattered thoughts are loud, they can all tell Leah is distraught.

Leah calm down. Whats going on? Sam asks through their mind link.

At the sound of her alpha, Leah's thoughts go quiet. She takes a moment to calm herself before telling the pack what's got her so distressed. Seth left a note in the kitchen saying he had to go, and when I went in his room, some of his stuff was missing. It looks like he took a bag with him. My baby brother fucking ran away.

Whoa whoa wait. How would he get past the patrols? No one heard him leaving? Jared couldn't believe it, they all thought the kid was getting better. The mindlink goes crazy, everyone talking at once. It's chaos.

Everyone quiet. Meet at my house in 15 minutes. Sam orders everyone using his alpha voice. Everyone knows he where he went, it's an unspoken agreement. They know Seth went back to the witch, they just don't know where exactly she lives. They also don't know how to approach the situation. Did Seth leave for good or is he just visiting her?

Sam's kitchen is packed with bodies, everyone trying to find somewhere to sit. Whether if it's the counter or an open spot on the floor. They listen as Sam explains the plan. They're going to follow Seth's scent, hopefully the clearing they went to last time is the same clearing Seth described to them. They know he's in a house of some sort from what his memories lead them to believe. They don't know exactly what they're looking for but they have a good idea of it. Everyone is going this time, they need strength in numbers.

Seth's scent trail seems to be leading to the same clearing as last time, and as they get closer the pack fans out so they over more of the forest line. The clearing is different than the last time they were here. Instead of an empty field, there's a bungalow with a shaded garden. Some of the pack members shift to human form, putting on their slightly damp cutoff shorts. Walking out from behind the treeline, they see Seth waiting for them on the porch of the bungalow.

"Seth! What the fuck!" Leah screeches as soon as she gets her shirt over her head. Sam sighs knowing this isn't how they should have started. Seth rises from his spot on the steps, he heard them coming from miles away.

"Leah please." Sam says quietly, already knowing this is going to be a shit show. Because there's a chance that by the end of this visit there will be one less pack member. Sam doesn't want it to come to that.

"What are you guys doing here?" Seth pats Leah on the back during her bone crushing hug. He didn't think they'd come this soon, at least not all of them.

"Seth? Who are you talking to?" A head of big, loose brown curls poke out of the door. The curls are short enough to make Kai appear to have a mild case of bedhead, it's endearing. "Oh, hello." Kai was not expecting people, let alone a group of wolves. She doesn't even know how they found her home.

I thought Seth was exaggerating about it but wow. So maybe it's not the best thing for Quil to think but he can't help it. She's prettier in person than in Seth's memories. Embry rolls his eyes at Quil's thought and smacks him upside the head.

"Kai this is the pack, guys this is Kai." Seth made the introductions but kept Kai sort of behind him. He knows nothing will happen, the pack wouldn't do that but it makes him feel better, just in case. Kai sort of wishes she stayed inside, because no one is saying anything, just staring. A girl in the back is glaring at her, she might as well just light Kai on fire, it would have the same effect. There's a reason why Kai prefers to live in solitude rather than in a city.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." Kai says softly after the silence drags on past the point if comfort. What she still wants to know is how they even found her house, maybe the barrier got messed up when Seth came back?

"Thank you for healing Seth last week." Sam looks down at her, he's serious, it isn't just to make the silence less awkward. If she hadn't found Seth and healed him, Sam doesn't know what would have happened to Seth.

"It was no problem." Kai smiles smally at him, and the pack is surprised. From Seth's memories it seemed like she was so easygoing and lively. She's probably uncomfortable with so many people here. Embry eyes Kai, who is still standing right next to Seth.

"Seth we came to bring you home." Leah takes a step forward, she looks hopeful. Her brother wouldn't do this to her, their parents, or the pack. Seth doesn't say anything for a few moments, the pack deaf to his thoughts. They wonder why they can't hear him anymore, they can hear each other, but not Seth.

"I'm not coming home." Seth says after a moment, he tears his eyes off the ground where he's been staring at while thinking. He can't do it, not again. He's made his choice.

Leah rears back like she's been slapped across the face. Sam sighs, he knew this was coming. Just by the look on Seth's face when he looked at Kai earlier. It's the same way he use to look at Emily, wondering if she was real or something he made up. He still doesn't believe it sometimes, how lucky he got.

"You're choosing her over us? Over your family?" Paul looks at Seth, the hurt written all over his face. He shakes his head in disbelief, he would have had a better time believing the sky was falling than what Seth just said. He turns away from Seth, and begins walking back the direction they came from.

"Seth you are apart of the pack. You are my little brother, what are Mom and Dad going to say when I tell them? It will kill them!" Leah screams, she begins stalking forward, but Jared and Jake hold her arms back. Leah won't accept it, she'll drag him back if she has to. She is not going to lose her brother.

"Leah, if you love me as much as you say you do then you'll accept that I'm staying. I'm happy here, and Mom and Dad will understand because they'd want me to be happy too." Seth can't believe his sister. Out of everyone he'd expect her to be supportive at least a little bit.

"Everyone back home." Sam orders, this has gotten too out of hand. "Now." He looks at Leah, this is ridiculous, his pack is acting like children. "Is it okay if I stay and chat?" Sam wants to get to know the girl Seth is leaving the pack for.

Kai, who is speechless from this whole encounter nods. She leads the boys back into her bungalow, waving her hands for tea to start preparing itself. Sam raises an eyebrow but decides not to say anything. "Make yourself at home, do you want anything to drink or eat?"

"No, it's okay. Thank you though," Sam says sitting down on the couch with Seth. Kai follows not long after, sitting in the chair that's next to the couch. The living area has the couch and two chairs around a coffee table.

"So tell me about yourself? Where are you from?" Sam just wants to get to know the kid, she doesn't look afraid of him. Sam knows she could probably kill him easily if she wanted just from the little magic he's seen her do.

"I was born in England but my parents are Spanish. I moved to the east coast and lived there for a bit before going down to New Orleans then bouncing around the globe for a while." Kai leaves out a lot of the important details. Like how she fled to New Orleans after the witch trials in Salem, and how she grew up during a lot of the European witch trials. And yet, even in the midst of the European witch trials, she was able to become powerful enough to extract her soul.

"And you'll take care of Seth? Make sure he stays out of trouble." Sam eyes Seth, he's gunna miss the kid. Everyone will.

"Course I will." Kai grins at Seth, if he's serious about staying then she'll protect him with all she's got.

"And you'll come and visit us yeah? Don't be a stranger." Sam pulls Seth into a tight hug. He never thought he'd be saying goodbye to his pack member.