DREAMMAKER

Unwind me. Twist me, wring me out. I want all the dirty water that's in me to drip from your hands. You've done it before, haven't you? You've wrung my heart out and now it's gone, gone, gone. All I am now is pulsing veins and decaying flesh. Say a prayer for me, won't you?

I loved you. I loved you until my voice grew hoarse. I loved you so much that my bones groaned underneath the weight of my love. I loved you, I loved you, I loved you. How many times do I have to say it before you finally hear me? I screamed my love for you into a void and everything's meaningless but at least I didn't keep it bottled up inside of me like a secret.

I was your secret.

I would have told the heavens about my love, but to you I was an afterthought. A half-chewed dream, a wish, a sorceress that entranced you in her spell. But I know the truth.

I AM JUST A GIRL. Engrave this on my tombstone. Etch it into my skin. You are a sculptor; now carve me into the girl of your dreams. I am clay beneath your hands. Sing me into a constellation. Years from now they will forget me but they will never forget the name of the hero who saved me.

You still don't understand?

I AM JUST A GIRL. That is all you will ever see when you look at me. But-

I AM NOT SORRY THAT I STOPPED LOVING YOU BECAUSE I NEEDED TO LOVE MYSELF AND I WAS NOT MADE TO BE BY YOUR SIDE I WAS MADE TO MOVE MOUNTAINS TO RAISE CITIES TO UNROOT THE EARTH AND

I WAS MADE FOR ME.