Chapter Three

Chapter Three

I froze in my seat, music playing softly through the speakers as he stared at the road. I made a choked sound, a protest, before I started shaking my head. "No. No I'm not." I said, closing my eyes and facing forward. He gave a deep sigh as I continued to protest him. "Yes." "NO Harry! I don't even know you! I'm not going home with you!" I said, my voice filling up the cab of the Jeep. He sighed again, running a hand through his hair. 

His fist came down on the top of the steering wheel, a muscle in his cheek jumping as he clenched his jaw. "Do you even realize what just fucking happened?" He asked, raising his voice ever so slightly. It wasn't a yell, but I was still incredibly scared. I was just staring at him, gulping. "Uhm, yes. Because I know you, the guy at the party-" "Exactly! I don't need a run-through, and neither do you. But I'm not letting you out of my sight." He said it with a sense of finality; no room to argue. 

Well, he didn't know me at all. 

"No. Take me home." I said, facing forward and crossing my arms. "No." He said, his voice back to it's low, heedy smoothness. "I'll just get out of the car and walk." I said, staring out the window at the passing lights. We were in a small city, buildings lit up against the backdrop of the black sky. They flew by as we rolled down the highway, and then took a left turn. "Well, you can see how well that works out." He said, no ounce of joking in his voice. 

My blood was boiling my the time we reached a small apartment complex with what looked to be very nice looking places. I wasn't keen on stepping into Harry's bachelor pad, though, so as soon as he cut the engine I had the door open as I climbed out. I began to walk away, my clutch in my hand as I crossed my arms, fighting for a little bit of warmth in the middle of August. The cold was drawing closer and closer, and I was dredding it. 

I didn't get very far down the asphalt before I felt two large, strong hands hauling me around. When I turned, already beginning to fight against him, I caught a glimpse of his bright green eyes and pink lips, pulling up into a smirk. "You really think you could get away that easy, Angel?" He asked, and I tensed at the name. "Let me go!" "No way in hell, Claire." He rasped, the biceps on his arm bulging as he fought to hold me. He didn't look like it took much effort, though.

"Let. Me. Go!" I said, fighting until my hand got loose and I shoved against his chest. He didn't even budge, only grabbed me around my hips, lifting me without blinking an eye. A small 'oof' escaped me before I could get my berrings, and by then we were halfway to the building. "Let me GO Harry!" I shouted, pounding my small fists onto his back. He wasn't having it though, and I heard the jeep click before he carried me over to a door, unlocking it with his hand that wasn't holding my legs down. 

As soon as we were inside, he set me on my feet and I punched him. I punched him as hard as I could bear in his chest, witnessing the breath whoosh out of him. He staggered back against the door, and I pushed the hair out of my face. I was fuming. 

"Take me home!" I demanded. He only stood up, wincing, and locked the door. Locked me inside. "No." "Harry, I'm serious, let me go home. Please." I pleaded, the fear instilling itself inside of me at being here with him. There are endless things that he could do. I swallowed hard. 

He only sighed, toeing off his black boots and leaving them by the door. "I'm going to explain to you why I brought you here. And please, don't go bat-shit crazy on me. I've been dealing with a lot today." He said, brushing past me. I looked at him, a little puzzled. 

"Have a seat, anywhere you'd like. Can I get you something to drink? Water? Wine? You seem like a wine kind of girl." He said, dissapearing through an open door. I followed, but went behind the island that separated his kitchen and living room. I was beginning to get a little...skeptical. Was he trying to kill me, or what?