Taken Man

Thank you PhobiaKat for editing this. (even though I bugged you about it.)

Taken Man

6

I sit on the ledge of the second floor living room and read. It's quite relaxing. But someone could come behind me, push me off and I would break my legs. The ledge over looks the open room. Also it's probably note wise for me to do this, but I've always considered myself a fool.

Michael hasn't really been around for the past couple days. I don't know whether he's on business or avoiding me. Because I'm certainly avoiding him.

Speak of the devil. He walks into the large room on the first floor and is talking with Martin. I don't think either one knows I'm there. I watch Michael as he talks with the older gentlemen.

Michael is attractive. There's no doubt about it. I think he knows it too. With his style, class, and accent it can make any girl go crazy. And an American girl goes even crazier for a man like him.

Standing at 6'2" he's pretty tall and he's well built so it gives a model affect. And don't get me started on his chair.

"When you're done staring at me there is a dress in your room for the party tonight." Michael startles me and I fall off onto the floor. Not the first floor, the second floor that was a mere two feet from the rail. So I'm not injured, just embarrassed.

I look over the ledge and squeak out an ok. I can hear their chuckles as I go down the hall ready to cry.

Captain Klutz strikes again!

•••••••••••

Yet again dresses lay on my bed. This time a wider selection complete with matching shoes and accessories. This is a girl's heaven.

A black one sleeved dress finds it's way to my body. I take a pair of black strap heels to wear with the dress that originally went with another dress. Who cares. A cluster necklace, long statement ring, and a pair of drop earrings complete the outfit.

I definitely won't be mistaken as someone's mother tonight.

•••••••••••••

The party is smaller and in the main dinning room, unlike the last party, this one only has about 10-15 people. A lady is walking around and greeting people acting like a real beauty queen. She finally comes to me. Oh joy.

"Hello."Her accent is even more proper then she is.

"Hello."I shake her hand.

"What's your name?" She smiles with her horse teeth. I mean white teeth. Honest mistake.

"Bea Bell." I smile. Be nice. Be nice. Be nice.

"I'm Lady Whitney."

"Well hi." She reminds me of a Disney Princess on crack. She might be on crack. Or a princess. It is the 21st century you know.

"How do you know the duke?" She asks.

"It's a long story." I laugh.

"I hear you're staying here?" Is this 20 questions.

"Yeah. I crashed my motorcycle into his front yard and he's letting me stay here until it's fixed." I look around the room for Michael and he's not anywhere to be seen.

"Oh how kind." Whitney clasps her hands together and looks me up and down.

"How do you know him?" I ask.

"Oh." She laughs. "We're engaged."

"Oh." I laugh like her. "Really?"

"Yeah were getting married in a few weeks. Oh I'd love if you came." She grabs my hands in hers. Not a chance.