83

Jessica's POV

We leave at 7AM, so I can get my things for school. For most of the journey, I just look out the window; with my mind blank; no thoughts running around in my mind. It's just... Blank.

I feel Simon place his hand on my thigh, making me turn to look at him. "You okay?" He asks as he glances over at me briefly before looking back at the road. "I told you, I feel gross." I mumble as I look at his side profile. "Tell you what..." He begins as we stop at some traffic lights. "If you feel worse during the day, I'll take you home." He says as he looks at me dead in the eye. "Promise?" I ask. "Promise." He smiles at me, reassuringly. "Okay." I nod. 

-

Simon's POV 

We finally arrive at Jessica's house. I look over at the door to see Layla there, waiting. "Jessica." I mutter just as she climbs out. "What?" She asks. "Layla's at the door." I say, pointing towards her - Layla. "Fuck." Jessica mutters. "You go. I'll meet you at school." She says to me as she keeps an eye on Layla. "You sure?" I ask. She nods quickly, "Yes, now go!" She says. I nod before driving off quickly.

-

Jessica's POV

"Layla?" I question as I walk over to her. "Why aren't you at home?" She asks, with a stern look. "I was out." I simply state as I unlock the door, allowing us to walk in. "With who?" She asks as she sits down in the lounge. "If you must know, I have a boyfriend." I say. "What's his name?" She asks. "Simon." I simply say. "Does he go to our school?" She asks. "Nope." I say, popping the 'p'. "How do you know him?" She asks. "He's my mum's mates son." I say, blatantly lying. "Oh." She sighs. "You don't believe me, do you..." I sigh as I sit down next to her. "I do..." She begins. "It's just that, I've never heard of him before, I guess." Layla says as she looks down at her lap. "Don't worry, you'll meet him soon." I smile as I place my hand on her shoulder. "Really?" She asks with a small smile. "Really." I smile back. "How soon?" She asks. "Graduation. We graduate soon, don't we." I say, raising an eyebrow. "Fuck, we do." Layla says, shocked. I chuckle at her. "Graduation it is then." Layla says with a nod.

"Now, let me get my things, and we'll go." I say before rushing upstairs.