Goodbye Letters

Alex's POV

"Get up, get up, GET UP!!!!" I woke up to a pillow hitting me and screaming. I groaned and got up. I saw Martha with a sad expression trying to comfort a crying Keaton and Drew was waking me up.

"this better be in an emergency. I was sleeping. Its oh my God it's 10! You better have a good excuse for waking me up."

"trust me we do." I looked at Drew and rolled my eyes.

"Alex we have some bad news." what could be so bad that they woke me up at 10? Then again Keaton is crying.

"Keats why are you-" I turned away and I saw a note that was on my bedside.

"we all got one too. Its from Wes.

"Wes?"

"Alex he left." my eyes widened and I jumped out of bed and ran to his room. I opened the doors and went in. It was empty. His bed was made. I went to the closet and there wasn't anything. His drawers were empty.

I sighed and fell back and landed on the floor. No. He couldn't have left. This is all my fault. I felt arms around me and tensed up then relaxed when I realized it was Drew.

"h-he left?" Drew nodded sadly.

"c'mon lets go to your room and see what his notes say." I nodded and we walked out. We went into my room and I saw Martha and Keaton on my bed. Drew sat next to them and I went to sit by the window.

"Alex do you want to read yours?" I shook my head.

"can I go last?" I whispered but it was loud enough for him to here. He nodded and began reading his.

Hey Drew,

Look man your my best friend. We've been through it all. You've always been there for me. You've stuck by my side and I love you for that. You and your words of wisdom. I swear you are another Ghandi. The modern day Ghandi. Haha. I know that three of us had some big dreams but I'm not going to be part of that. You and Keats need to go off and do that without me. Don't do it because I'm not going to be part of it. I know you want to and so does Keats. You can let your talents go to waste. I'm sorry I left. I can't stand it knowing I'm friends with my ex's brother. You remind me of her. I know I'm being selfish but I can't be around anymore. Take care of Keaton and the girls for me. Make sure Keaton doesn't get in a lot of trouble. Please? I love you bro. You were always like a brother to me.

-Wes

p.s. don't come looking for me please. I need to be alone. Tell the others that also. Also call Breeana. I know you haven't talked to her since the accident. Take care of yourself and everyone else. I love you man.

Drew finished reading his note and I was in tears. He's leaving because of me? I had my head between my knees. I don't even want to hear the other notes let alone read mine.

"that's not real. You wrote it." Drew shook his head.

"It was written in his handwriting."

"I'll read mine next." I glared at Martha but nodded.

Hey Martha,

I want to start off with saying I'm sorry. I don't know if I caused you your relationship with Keats. I hope I didn't. I'm sorry that I kissed you. It wasn't the right thing to do. I've always seen you like a littler sister. You'll ALWAYS be my little sister. Even if we are not blood related you are my sister. Please make up with Alex. You guys are cousins. No scratch that you guys are sisters. You shouldn't fight. Make up with her. I know you can't stay mad at each other. I'm sorry M. Take care of Keaton please. I don't want to see my little brother getting in trouble and I know you'll keep him in line. Take care M. I love you little sis.