"Oh okay..." Zayn nodded, walking next to the blonde. He couldn't help the sharp tension between them, considering their last encounter. "So..."

"So?"

Zayn felt those blue eyes were digging holes on his forehead, but at the same time, he cannot read Niall, wondering if he was mad, angry, or any kind of emotions. Zayn needed to know what Niall was thinking so he could use that as a step to engage Niall in the conversation.

Niall noticed how Zayn was uncomfortable, wondering if they have the same thoughts.

"Why did the boss says condolence to you?"

Niall almost caught off guard by the question. He knew at some point; the lads would find about it. He just didn't expect that it would be too soon. Niall gathered all the courage he could have so he would not look so pitiful.

"My nephew passed away."

"Wh-what?!" Zayn gasped, confirming what Aiden told him. Just the mere thought that Aiden got the information first pissed him off to no end. "When? Why didn't you tell me?!"

The demanding vibe coming from Zayn struck a nerve to Niall. He could feel his face heating up from irritation.

"Excuse me?" Niall crossed his arms over his chest to express his thoughts. "Since when do I have to report you every single thing in my life?"

Zayn gasped at the reaction coming from the blonde. "No, that's not—" It was that moment that Zayn realized to take all the verbal beating instead of arguing.

"How could I tell you? You broke my phone!" Niall snarled; blue eyes widening to intimidate the raven-lad target. "Remember?!" He gritted his teeth; anger seethed from those eyes.

"I... uh..." Zayn is rendered speechless. This was not the time to butt heads with his boyfriend. Only he could do was to sympathize with him. Losing a family member was not an easy thing to overcome.

"I'm sorry..." he apologized.

Niall sensed the sincerity in the apology. It was wrong of him to snap at Zayn, who had done nothing wrong. The death of his beloved nephew has no correlation with Zayn whatsoever. Niall had to let a long sigh, disposing the anger building up inside of him.

"Look, I didn't mean to snap at you," Niall said with a defeated tone, trying to avoid the pitiful look from the raven-haired lad. "I don't have the luxury to break down now..." He cursed when his voice broke down; tears filled up his eyes. It didn't take that long until those sorrowful tears rolled down to his cheeks.

"Goddamit!" Niall quickly wiped away the tears, not wanting to be more pitiful than he already was.

Zayn felt his body went automatic, pulling the blonde, enclosing him in a warm hug, caressing the blonde's back.

"Shhh... let it all out..." Zayn cooed. "It won't make you less of a man if you cry."

All the emotions that Niall hide for the past week came all crashing down. He sobbed, his entire body vibrated, but the warmth from Zayn made him feel all safe.

They stood there with each other's comfort. It didn't matter what happen next, and the only thing they understood that they would stay together forever...

"I'm sorry..." Niall apologized, pulling away from Zayn.

"Why are you saying sorry?"

"I ruined your shirt."

Zayn chuckled. "No worries, this shirt is washable."

*****

Questions raised in Niall's mind as he entered inside of the Apple store with Zayn. Electronic gadgets lined up from laptops to newly-released iPhones and iPads. The store filled with a few customers soaked with checking out the gadgets on the table, not noticing a celebrity in their presence.