t.h.i.r.t.e.e.n

:•: autumn :•:

We listened to Joshua's band the rest of the drive up there, and I was completely surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Every song was so unique and had a different message that I tried to decipher. The reason I never liked pop music or never really listened to the radio was because I hated the shallowness of the lyrics, but I never thought about looking for a band that had deep lyrics. I honestly didn't know there was until I heard twenty one pilots.

Joshua told me they had four albums, but apparently he joined the band after their first album. They had so many songs, and I wanted to listen to them all. There were a couple songs that really stuck out to me though. I liked the song Taxi Cab a lot because Tyler's voice was so beautiful and I really related to the lyrics. I also liked this song, Ode to Sleep... I think that's what it's called? I'm not sure why exactly, but I really loved it. I didn't exactly catch the meaning of the lyrics cause Tyler was rapping so fast, but for some reason that song stood out to me.

I was still disturbed by the screaming I heard in some of the songs like Goner and Ruby, but I think I was starting to understand it more. The screaming was just so different to me because I had never heard any screaming in music before, and I guess I had never really thought that screaming should be in a song, but it kinda worked in a weird way. I just needed time to get used to it.

Joshua was so easy to be around that the car ride flew by incredibly fast. He loved watching me react to his music, and I loved watching him react to the beauty of the mountains around him. We were both sharing something that was important to us.

We finally got to our destination, and I could tell Joshua looked confused.

"Are you sure this is right?" He asked, clearly doubting me.

We were pulled off to the side of a road in the middle of the forest, with no cars around.

"Yep!" I said excitedly. "I know it doesn't look like there's anything there, but I actually found a hidden path a while ago and ever since then it's been my getaway location".

He smiled. "Let's go then! We're losing daylight!" He laughed as he got out of the car and grabbed the bag of Taco Bell that was in the backseat.

I smiled at his enthusiasm as I grabbed my backpack and slung it over my shoulders. I re-tied my hiking boots and pulled my hat on over my short, blonde hair.

"You sure are more prepared than I am!" Joshua laughed.

I blushed. I still had not gotten used to how adorable his laugh was.

I looked over at him and noticed he was wearing black Adidas sweatpants with the white stripes down the sides, and had a light baby blue hoodie on.

I felt the heat in my cheeks rise even more. He looked extremely good... I snapped out of my daze and looked away, obviously embarrassed. Hopefully he didn't see me staring at him.

"Lucky for you I brought blankets" I joked. "Maybe next time you'll be more prepared" I smirked.

"Next time?" He winked at me.

OH MY GOODNESS. I didn't think it was possible for my cheeks to grow any redder than they already were, but then again I had never seen Joshua wink. Especially AT ME. Not to mention I just completely embarrassed myself and assumed he actually wanted to hang out with me again.

Crap you're an idiot Autumn! But he did wink at you... what does that mean??? Probably nothing... ugh I need to get a grip. I can't feel weak and start blushing every time he looks at me! What is wrong with me, ahh this is a disaster.