t.w.e.n.t.y.t.w.o

:•: autumn :•:

We pulled up to Joshua's tour bus and he led me inside. I looked around the familiar space and smiled as I remembered the first time we met. How could it only have been a week ago? I felt like I had known him for years.

I must have been lost in thought because I didn't notice Joshua talking to me.

"Autumn? Auutummn?" Joshua dragged my name out playfully, snapping me out of my daze.

"I'm sorry!" I said smiling. "What were you saying?"

"I was just wondering..." he stopped mid thought and looked at me "why are you smiling like that?" He asked, tilting his head.

I dropped my eyes from his gaze and giggled a little bit. "I was just remembering the first time we met" I admitted, laughing at the memory.

He smiled at me, his twinkling brown eyes locking with my dark blue ones. I couldn't have looked away even if I wanted to.

Trust me, I didn't.

Time seemed to stand still as I became lost in the depth of his eyes. They seemed to swallow me whole, taking in every part of me. I was drowning, and I loved every torturing second of it.

He took a step closer, causing my heart to skip a beat. I looked up at him, his face only a mere few inches from mine. I didn't know what to do, what to think. All I could focus on were his eyes. His chocolatey brown, kind, deep, rich, loving eyes.

Could Joshua actually like me? I mean, I never even imagined this possibility before. It didn't seem real...

My heart beat even faster in my chest, threatening to break loose from my body. The tension in the air was so think, so indescribably thick. I could hear every heart beat, every shallow breathe I took.

"I'm so glad I met you, Autumn" Joshua whispered slowly, his eyes not breaking their hold on mine.

Was this actually going to happen? No, it couldn't! Was I imagining everything?

"M-me too, Joshua." I stuttered quietly. "I-I don't know what I-I would've done w-w-with..."

His lips crashed into mine, shocking me into silence. I stood there, unable to move, unable to do anything.

He pulled away quickly, looking concerned.

"I-I'm sorry Autumn, I shouldn't have done that" Joshua said nervously as I stared at him with my mouth wide open.

Say something Autumn! Stop standing here in silence you idiot!

He dropped his gaze from my eyes and stepped away from me, putting space between us.

"Please forgive me, Autumn. I really do value your friendship and I wouldn't want to do anything to ruin that." He looked down, embarrassment and fear taking over his face. "I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking straight and I don't know what just happened."

My heart overtook my brain in that moment and my legs began to move towards him quickly. He looked up with surprise as I approached him, seeming worried.

I stared into his eyes with the same intensity we had before. I reached out with my good arm and grasped the back of his neck, pulling him closer to me. I tilted my head, parting my small lips to meet his, and kissed him passionately.

At first he didn't respond, seeming shocked at my response. He recovered quickly, and wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, drawing me as close as possible to him.

I moved my fingers to tug on his cotton candy hair, and the kiss deepened. Our lips moved in sync perfectly together. I couldn't have imagined a better kiss.

Eventually he pulled away slowly, still holding my body close to his. Our heavy breathing was the only sound that filled the air for what seemed like eternity.

It felt so... right. I had never found a safer place than locked between Joshua's arms. I never wanted to leave.

I slowly opened my eyes, only to see Joshua's hungry eyes taking in every part of my face. Studying me. Loving me.

I blushed and wrapped my arm around his waist, hugging him. He pulled me tighter than ever before, never wanting to let me go.

I didn't want him to.

"We should do that again sometime" Joshua whispered. His voice giving away the smile that was undoubtably on his face.

I laughed quietly and smiled. Then pulled away from him and looked him in the eyes.

"Thank you" I whispered.

"Don't." He replied. "I should be the one thanking you".

"For what?" I asked, clearly surprised.

"You've changed my life since I met you" he admitted. "I feel happier, excited to wake up every morning, and my anxiety is so much better when you're around" he stared into my eyes, and I could tell he meant every single word.

I smiled as a few tears rolled down my cheeks, not wanting to break eye contact with the man I was beginning to believe I could actually have a future with. I never pictured myself being the one to fall in love. I had simply believed I was unlovable. I had given up hope. Until now.

Joshua gently wiped the tears from my cheeks, making my heart flutter all over again.

"Let's get you to bed, shall we? You must be exhausted" he smiled gently at me.

I nodded and as if on que, a small yawn escaped my lips.

Joshua giggled and picked me up in his arms, carrying me the same way he had the first time we met, only a week ago.

I smiled as I laid my head against his broad shoulders, thinking of how much had changed in only a week. My eyes grew heavier and heavier until I could no longer keep them open.

I didn't even make it to the bed before I was sound asleep.

Wow you guys I am SO SORRY I haven't posted in almost two months!!! I really don't have a good excuse except for just a lot going on and stress, but I am incredibly sorry! I want to thank you all so much for 15K reads!!!!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!!!! I love you all so much and thank you for supporting my writing! I started this just for fun and never imagined it would become even close to this popular! But I'm back, and hopefully will be updating more often :) for all of you new readers,  what do you think of the book so far? And as always, be sure to leave any comments or suggestions because I love hearing from all of you. Thank you so much again!! :) stay alive |-/