chapter eight

Kai'lani I. Perez

I was on my way over to Chris's home to meet his mom and cousin. I was nervous because I've never have seen them and also I don't know what they are like. The only thing was have in common is Chris and I can't stand the thought of him at the moment. I pulled into Chris's driveway behind his Range Rover. I turned off my car and got out. I walked up the pathway and up to the door. I knocked and stepped back. The door opened and a woman around my age stood in front of me.

"Are you Kai'lani?" She inquired.

"Yes I am." I told her. She opened the door a little wider and I walked inside. I heard the door closed behind me.

"Come in the kitchen so we can all talk." She instructed. I nodded and followed her into the kitchen. Chris's mom sat at the island sipping on a glass of tea. She looked over at me and smiled.

"You are so beautiful. I'm Chris's mother, Joyce." She introduced. as she got down from the bar stool. She walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"I'm Kai'lani."

"Chris is very stupid. I mean I've heard great things about you." Aliana said. I nodded and sighed.

"I just don't like the fact that he was trying to get with me but was messing around with that thing." I told them.

"That thing." She laughed.

"I already see we're going to get along. She's just too damn sneaky. I've always told him to get another manager but he won't." Aliana told me.

"She's disrespectful and I've told him to take care of her but he always says he's going to. It's a great man but he has one last chance to do something about her or I will." I told her. She nodded and took a seat beside me.

"Hell I'll help you. She already knows not to mess with me. We've fought two times and one of those times she suffered a broken nose and a couple broken ribs. I know violence isn't the answer but sometimes you have to beat these hoes ass." Aliana told me.

"I don't know what to do anymore. I want to be with him but we have to set some boundaries with him and her."

"Talk to her about it and if she acts out then go to violence." Ms. Joyce advised.

"I'll go with you also. I have no problem giving her another beat down." Aliana smirked. I laughed. Chris walked into the kitchen and looked at me.

"We'll give you both sometime." Aliana stated. Her and Ms. Joyce walked out of the kitchen. I turned to face Chris. He walked in my direction, took my right hand, and kissed it.

"Flattery will not work on me Chris. I hope you know that."

"I know. I'm really sorry but when I was faced with reject that night, I was at a vulnerable state. When I went back to the hotel room, she was there and I can guess you can say she gave me something that got me back to my normal self." He explained. I sighed and looked at him.

"I want her gone Chris. She's just a evil woman who thinks she can have you anytime she wants. If you don't take care of her, Aliana and I will. Believe me when I say that if we have to deal with it, it won't be pretty." I told him. He nodded.

"Am I forgiven?" He inquired.

"You're forgiven but that doesn't mean it's forgotten, pretty boy. I hope you know that."

"I know Indy." He smiled. He leaned down and pecked my lips. I grabbed his phone and put it in his hand.

"Call her and tell her to bring her ass over here now." I demanded. He nodded and dialed the number. I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room to see Aliana and Ms. Joyce sitting down in the living room watching Iyanla, Fix My Life. Aliana turned and looked at me.

"Y'all good?" She inquired.

"Yes but she's on her way over." I told her. She sprang up from the chair with a smirk on her face.

"It's time to stomp this bitch in my Air Force Ones, stomp her in my Air Force Ones." She sang. I laughed and watched her walk upstairs.

"That child is a trip but remember what I told you Kai'lani." She reminded.

"I am but if it gets to that point, all I can say is I'm not going to stop until I see red." I told her. There was a knock on the door. Chris walked from the kitchen and over to the door. Aliana came racing down the stairs. Valerie came walking through the door. She took off her sunglasses and looked at me.

"Oh my god Chris. How many times do I have to tell you, I do not want to talk to your little girlfriend!" Valerie exclaimed.

"You wanna run that back one more time?" Aliana inquired. Valerie jumped and I seen the fear on her face. I walked over to her and looked her up and down.

"Look little Miss. Manager, I just wanted to talk but I'm tired of the disrespect. Quite frankly, you don't see that. You think I'm weak and helpless. I'm far from it. Now I'm going to get you one more chance. Are you going to stop with the disrespect and not come onto my man or is Aliana going to have to break some more ribs and possibly your face?" I threatened.

"Why should I? He's not even your man." She smirked. Aliana looked me then at her. Before I knew it, Aliana was on top of her beating the living life out of her. Ms. Joyce turned her head for a second then went back to watching TV. Chris and I stood there watching her get beat. After a while, I felt like it was enough.

"Okay Ali, that's enough." I alerted her. She got up and kicked Valerie in her side before walking upstairs. I kneeled down to Valerie's body and smiled.

"You should've pick the first choice now leave and also know that you've been fired, effective immediately." I told her. Her eyes grew wide.

"Chris is she serious?" She inquired lowly.

"You stepped over the line when you insulted her. You might be a great manager but your attitude sucks." He shrugged. She got up from the ground slowly and limped out of the house. Aliana came down with the biggest smile on her face.

"Ding dong, the witch is gone." She sang as she took her curly hair down from her bun. I turned and smiled at Chris.

"Thank you Chris." I thanked him with a smile.

"Anything for you Kai." He told me.

"Awee, y'all are so cute man. Chris, you gotta wife her up." Aliana cooed. He looked over at her and smiled.

"It'll happen. That is if she allows me to do so." He said as he looked down at me. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"When the day comes, I will say yes. I promise." I told him with a smile.