"I got two actually, one of a rose...and then my mom's birthday...Jaxon got the seagull...are you sure you're ok?"

"Yeah, everything's fine." I used his line, because one; nothing was wrong, and two; I didn't want to talk to him about anything wrong anyway. Not when he wasn't telling me things.

"Alright...I'll send you a picture of it later. How was your day?"

"It was ok." I shrugged, playing with my nails.

I was kind of mad at him for the short conversations...no matter how hard I tried. Especially on Monday...Monday our conversation was two minutes and forty eight seconds.

So yeah; I was still mad.

"Why just ok?"

"I don't know, it just was. School."

"What book are you reading?"

"The Fault In Our Stars by John Green."

"What's it about?"

"Hazel and Augustus...well Hazel has cancer...and Augustus had cancer...and they fall in love - I don't want to ruin it."

"Now I understand why you're crying."

"Yeah."

"Why are you reading a book like that if it makes you sad?"

"Because it's great."

"If you say so."

"What are you going to do this weekend?"

"I'm not sure exactly yet. Dad might help me work in my bike tomorrow, I started it, but with school I've been busy."

"Yeah, I know you've been."

"When it's done, I can ride it up there, and I can take you for a ride if you want."

"Sure, that's sounds good."

"Are you sure you're ok?"

"Yes Justin, everything's fine."

There it is again. That infamous line.

"Is it because I didn't come up this weekend?"

"No, it's because every conversation I've tried to have with you has barely lasted five minutes."s

"I've just been really busy this week."

"Yeah, I'm sure you have."

"Bella I have been! You know I have been! With school and my mom and everything else in between."

"Oh I bet. Really busy. So busy two minutes and forty right seconds is all you have for your girlfriend."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"That was how long our conversation lasted on Monday night."

"Bella! I did my homework!"

"For a real long time I bet."

"You know what, I really don't want to deal with this shit, so bye."

And he hung up.

_____________

*Justin*

"Do you have any?"

I stood at the front door of Angela's house, looking at her as she stood through the lighted hallway.

"Any of what?"

"The acid? Do you have any of it now?"

"Pffft, of course I do. Come inside."