"Are you done now?" I say, with a slight chuckle.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted you to remember your time here."

A slight smile is pinched on my cheeks, "how could I forget such an amazing experience?" Patrick just bows his head to my response and presses his lips together in dismay. "And I won't forget you either. No matter where I am, I know you'll be right there with me."

Patrick looks back up at me with a determined look on his face, "Mark my words. I'll find you again. I promise."

"And I'll be waiting."

Patrick bends towards me, and his lips lightly brush my cheek— still, that light touch sends shivers through my veins, shivers that make my whole body tremble. "If you want me to stop, just tell me now," he whispers. I say nothing, and he brushes his mouth against the hollow of my temple. "Or now." He traces the line of my cheekbone. "Or now." His lips then tease mine, and like the moment of silence between lightning and thunder, everything goes quiet...

"Or..."

I can't wait, I reach to touch him, and the rest of his words are lost. His kiss is gentle... careful... but unlike last time, I don't want that. Not now. Not after all this time. I knot my fists in his shirt, pulling him closer to me. He groans softly, low in his throat, and his arms gather around me, holding me tighter, kissing me deeper.

His tongue then slips into my mouth, tender but demanding, causing every square inch of my body to dissolve into his. His fingers move to my hair, making my veins throb as my heart explodes. I have never wanted anyone like this before. Ever. Gradually he pushes me backward, and we're lying down, making out. The weight of his body on top of mine feels... extraordinary. I feel him—all of him—pressed against me ... and I don't care. I don't care at all. He feels wonderful. His hands are everywhere, and it doesn't matter that his mouth is already on top of mine; I want him closer. I untangle my hands from his shirt and feel his beat that is just as fast as mine. His warm hand slowly slithers under my dress coat.

"Wait."

Patrick immediately pulls his hand back, "Was that too far?"

I nervously laugh; this is crazy. I look deep into his electrified eyes. Not leaving them for a second as I undo the first... second... and third button. Until... it's only me in my lace before him. "Now it's your turn."

Patrick smiles and sits up, smoothly pulling his shirt off in one swift movement. I place my hand against his chest's soft skin. He bends down towards me. His lips gently press against mine, then pull back, "Eevee... I love you."

---

I open my eyes to feel Patrick's arm around my bare waist. I move his arm softly and walk towards my brown dress coat, putting it on before going outside.

Walking through the town, I finally arrive at the Tent, orange with black stripes.

"Who's there? I hear footsteps!!"

"It's just me Dug."

"I can see that."

I look down to see Dug already by my feet, his small elderly stature still able to catch me off guard. "Since this is my last day, I'd like to do one last assignment, the most diverse or hardest you have, something that can leave a mark for the Trump Cards."

"Well... There is one. But I don't know if you'll be able to complete it alone."

"Then I'll just have to help her."

I look behind me, and my chest fills with confidence, "That settles it, where to next."

Dug bows his head, "Well, the assignment or challenge that awaits you... happens to be right in front of you."

"You're our last assignment?" Patrick enquires, surprised.

"I am. Along with the rest of my team." Dug modestly admits

"We're going to verse the original team of Avail?."

"We'll meet you at the battlefield in the village centre. If you win, your names will be carved on the walls of Avail and forever be remembered. Usually, that would also mean we'd allow you to do expert class assignments too, but you'll just have to make do with the carving."

---

I take my place in the centre of the faded white rectangle. My first battle was here, and now my last.

"Eevee." Patrick whispers, "I know we've never had a strategy before, but I think now would be a good time to use one. Since I don't effect Dug, I'll take Aricin. You change into a water Mage so that when you defeat Dug, you'll still be effective against Aricin as well. But, of course, that is if I haven't defeated him before then."

"You just want to see me in that stupid bikini again, don't you?" I say, slightly unconvinced that he really thought that strategy through.

"That's just a bonus."

I take a deep breath in then out, holding back a slap.

"Are you ready Trump Cards!" Aricin roars

"Always," I say, so only Patrick can hear, to which he smirks.

After the spectators cheer around the arena, a little girl with a white dress sprinkled with blue and red triangles walks forward from the crowd. Her long white hair forcing her tiny wings to the side, "Today the Village centre is blessed with a battle that only those that are the strongest can win. On the right, we have the team of Avail, represented by our noble leaders and protectors that began the guild Avail. Sacred to our village and those saved because of it." Her tiny voice gets lost in the crowd's cheer. This team was the original, which means they are pretty much gods in the villagers' eyes. "Okay, okay!" the little girls voice bellows. The crowd then hushes, "We can't forget the challengers. The Volt Mage, born with enough electricity to light the darkest of night skies. And the First Adaptation Mage to roam Celadon village. Although from another world, she's made a home among us, and we, as her new family, wish her the best on her journey back home."

The crowd roars again, but not enough to lift my confidence. I just hope everything goes back to the way it was when I leave.

"Okay! Then without further ado. Let the battle begin!" And with that, the tiny girl lifts her arms, generating a bubble-like shield to barrier our attacks.

"Ladies first!" Dug shouts with confidence.

Patrick stands at the ready, and I straighten my arms out in front of me, focusing on the element of my desire. A smirk is pinched to my lips, "Surfs up."