Welcome

The day at AFCC Academy started off slow and quite, but at 10:00am students started to arrive.

Mr. Sliger was standing at his window in his office, witch over looks the court yard. The court yard is where all the students were being dropped off. As he looked out in to the court yard all he could do was smile. Watching students greet one another, smiling and laughing with each other. Some of the parents were glad to see each other and some of the teachers. Watching this made Mr. Sliger happy.

At 12:00pm there was a welcome back lunch. So all the students, both returning and new, the parents, and the staff all gathered near the cafeteria. They all got in a circle and prepared for someone to pray for the meal. It was not a staff member whose voice began to pray, nor was it a parent. It was a senior who began to pray for one of the last welcome back lunches. It was senior Alisha who prayed, "God thank you for bringing us all back safely. Lord please bless our teachers and staff, that they will teach us and influence us in a way that will please you. Lord thank you for providing us with this food and Mrs. Janes for preparing it for us. May the food be good to our bodies. Thank you again for bringing everyone back safely. In your name we pray. . ." Everyone said, "Amen"

Mrs. Janes said, "Alright, I have a few things before you go in. We are doing a barbeque lunch. You can either sit inside or outside. There are a few tables inside for those who might have trouble getting onto and up off the ground. Mainly there are blankets spread out inside, and a basket with more to be taken out here. Enjoy!"

With that everyone went inside to get food. Everyone found some place to sit and enjoyed eating and talking with each other. When everyone was done it was time to say goodbye to the parents. Then the students and staff went into the auditorium for a meeting.

Learn about the meeting in the next chapter, which will be coming soon. Bare with me, also if you have any suggestions about what the students should do, like field trips or fun day activities. Write a comment and let me know. Thanks!!