Chapter 1

'Princess Mary Kate Turns Two!'

'A new photo of the young Princess was released by Kensington Palace to mark the occasion of her birthday, which is today, July 23. Kensington Palace shared the photo along with a sweet message, stating:'

'It's hard to believe this sweet girl is already two years old! Thanks for all your lovely birthday wishes #HappyBirthdayPrincessMaryKate'

'The photo, taken by Mario Testino, shows the Princess grinning and waving at the camera, while her mother, the Duchess of Windsor, nuzzles her head. The photo was taken earlier this month, on July 5th, on the occasion of the christening of not one- but three royal babies. Princess Mary Kate wears a grey and white floral dress and a dark red jumper, while the Duchess seems to have shed the coat she wore to the ceremony to reveal a sleeveless white dress, her white fascinator hat still in place.'

Just as Princess Mary Kate and Prince George shared a christening ceremony in October of 2013, Princesses Charlotte, Caroline, and Cecilia ('Cece' to her family) were christened in a joint ceremony at St

Just as Princess Mary Kate and Prince George shared a christening ceremony in October of 2013, Princesses Charlotte, Caroline, and Cecilia ('Cece' to her family) were christened in a joint ceremony at St. Mary Magdalene Church near the family homes of their parents, the Dukes and Duchesses of Cambridge and Windsor.'

'Now just over two months old, the Princesses have only been seen out in public twice- at their debut on the steps of the Lindo Wing just after their births, and riding in prams on their way to their christening.'

'Kensington Palace released a single photo of the Windsor family of five just three weeks after the births of Princesses Caroline and Cecilia, giving a glimpse into their undoubtedly hectic lives. The Duchess holds the twins, Caroline wearing a purple flower in her hair, Cece wearing a peach one. The Duke holds Princess Mary Kate, who plays with a toy drum. Humorously, every family member's eyes are somewhere other than the camera.'

'Princess Mary Kate celebrated her second birthday in a joint birthday party with Prince George

'Princess Mary Kate celebrated her second birthday in a joint birthday party with Prince George. The party was hosted on the lawn of Sandringham House, the Queen's Norfolk estate, just down the road from the from their family homes, York Cottage and Anmer Hall, respectively.'