0.4

Kiley:

"Hey, Kiley!" My best friend called from afar, charging at me.

I waved slightly and smiled. "Hey."

"Guess what?"

My eyebrows raised in curiosity. "What?"

"I'll be Andrew's guide around the school." She smiled widely, though I knew what she was thinking about: screwing the kid.

"Oh, congrats. Just don't play with him," I frowned slightly at my words.

"Already developing a crush, I see." She wiggles her eyebrows and crosses her arms.

"Tory, I just went through a breakup, I don't know the guy and I barely like his presence." I sighed loudly and closed my locker.

"Whatever, what do you care if I play with him or not anyway? I've done it with lots of guys."

After seconds of suspicious staring, she asked, "are you pitying him?"

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "No. I already got on the wrong foot with him and if you do play with him, he'll know we're friends and think it's a set up!"

"It's pretty rude to pity someone because of their disabilities, ya know," she informed as a matter of factly, ignoring the rest of my protest.

"I'm not pitying him," I grumble. "Play with him then! Break his heart, I don't care."

I slammed my locker closed and walked away silently as the bell chimed.

Happy Halloween! x