"Remember, Isabella Ace?"

"Of course." He smiled. "She was my best student."

"Well, Thomas called her a cow, and I had to stand up for my best friend, so I punched him," I explained. "And if he keeps saying crap about her, I'll do it again."

"Did he now?"

"Yes, and I know I shouldn't have done that, but I couldn't help it! He makes me so mad," I told him, clenching my hands together.

"I understand your feelings, but please, next time tell a teacher instead of punching someone in the face."

I groaned. Like that will do anything. "Just tell me my punishment," I said, wanting to get it over with.

"Well, since you're not completely at fault here, I'm giving you detention for two weeks, understand?"

"Fair enough." I nodded, knowing that I got off lightly. "What about Thomas? He started it, so shouldn't he get something too?"

"Don't worry about, Mr. Reed. I'll deal with him." He then pointed at the door. "You can head back to class now."

"All right. Have a good day."

"You too. Stay out of trouble."

I smiled. "We'll see."

Since there was only five minutes left of first hour, I decided to go to my second class of the day; U.S. History. Seeing Jason heading inside the same classroom as I was, I stood outside, unmoving. When the hell was he in this class? Was I really that unobservant?

When class started, the teacher made the announcement about Jason's transfer. Letting out a sigh of relief, I suddenly felt better about myself. At least I know I wasn't completely unobservant.

As the class went on, the teacher began his lecture on some World War mumble jumble crap. His monotone voice was God awful as he repeated some guy's name over and over again. Drowning his boring lecture out, all I could think about was confronting Jason about his party, but I couldn't exactly call him out on it while, what-his-face was teaching—not unless I want another trip back to the principal office. So, I did the next best thing—I wrote him a note.

Jason. What the hell happened the other day? Why didn't you stand up for Isabella?

Ripping the note as quickly and quietly as I could, I folded it in half and turned to look at Jason, who was only a seat away from me. Making sure the teacher had his back towards me, I threw the note at the girl sitting in between me and Jason.

Her perfectly shaped eyebrow arched down, staring at the note. Her gaze made her way back to me. I jammed my thumb toward Jason, hoping for the love of God that this girl was smart. When she did what I said, I almost shouted hallelujah. Instead, I gave the girl a fraction of a smile.

A few minutes later, I received my note back. Tucking the note underneath my desk, I unfolded it.

I was just shocked to hear her confession. I didn't mean to just stand there.

I scoffed. Yeah right. Writing my response, I threw another note his way, not even bothering to ask the girl to pass the note along. There was a short pause, until the same girl handled me another note.

To tell you the truth, I don't really see myself going out with her. Sorry.

Picking up my pen, I scribbled on the paper: well, she's so over you! and threw it, hitting him upside the head. Hearing a soft ouch, I laughed under my breath.

I only had to wait a minute and then another note landed on my lap.

Understandable. But where exactly is she? She wasn't in class this morning, and she never missed school.

Looking up, I made sure what-his-face was still going on and on about some allies war thing, before I picked up my pen, and quickly wrote my response:

She dropped out of school. Didn't you hear? That's why Thomas had a bloody nose this morning.

After passing it along to nameless girl, I thought back to his idiotic expression when my fist connected with his face. Ah, good times. 

"Miss Rose, is there a reason why you're laughing so loudly during my lecture?"

Crap. I was laughing?

"No, sir."

"Don't let me catch you disrupting the class again." He faced the whiteboard once again, and babbled on about some guy. 

A moment later, Jason's note was craftily thrown onto my desk. I made sure to wait five minutes until the coast was clear to read it. 

Ouch . . . Is she ever coming back?

Knowing that Isabella wanted to keep her plan a secret, I quickly wrote my response.

Can't say. Sorry.

Throwing my note onto the girl's desk, she sneakily passed it along to Jason. I didn't had to wait long for his reply this time, so as soon as I got it, I unfolded the piece of paper.

That's fine. We better start paying attention before we get caught by Mr. Shaw, so talk to you later.

Tucking the note underneath my folder, I slumped back in my seat, and did what he said—well pretended to anyways. After a few seconds, I unfortunately started looking at his slideshow, full of crap.

Letting out a loud groan, I caught the attention of Mr. Shaw's deadly glare.

"Rose! Office now!"

Ugh, kill me now.