8. [Isabella]

When I heard his clear, decent laughter, I assumed it was because of the stupid expression plastered on my face. I ducked my head down as I felt my face heating up, only to peek up at him a second later. God—he's hot.

"Yes, I'm your personal trainer," he said, his laughter only dying slightly.

"Um . . . sorry I didn't think my personal trainer would be someone like—you," I admitted, blushing brighter, as I glanced down at the floor.

"What do you mean?" I quirked my eyebrow at my feet. Was this boy oblivious to his good looks?

"Well, I thought that my personal trainer would be slightly older . . ." not hot, "and well, you're quite young."

"Oh. I'm sorry I'm not some balding, old guy bulging at the neck," he joked.

"For your sake, I wish you were," I admitted.

His brows creased together. "Why?"

"Um . . . you see, my brother—" Before I could even finish my sentence, I was pulled backwards, John's body now in between Alex and I.

I sighed, slapping my forehead. Great, here we go again.

"Who are you?" he demanded, his eyes narrowed down.

"Alex, Isabella's personal trainer, and you?" he asked, holding out his hand with a pleasant smile.

"John, Isabella's big brother," he said back, rudely ignoring Alex's outstretched hand. I sent a frown towards my brother, which he blatantly ignored.

Alex's hand dropped. "Oh, well it's nice to meet you." His smile never wavered.

"Yeah, you too," he said, dryly.

I tugged John down with my hand. "Lay off will you? He's just my personal trainer," I whispered. His need to be in control was quite annoying, quite being an understatement.

"I don't like this guy," he muttered back, totally ignoring me.

"You don't know him, and he's only here to help me. Will you really stand in the way of that?" I asked, giving him a frown as I pulled the works on him.

Just like I knew he would, he gave in with a long, exaggerated sigh. I silently thanked, Amanda for her training.

"Fine." He sighed. "I won't do anything, but I'm still going to keep an eye on him while he's here, got it?"

"All right, deal." I turned back to Alex to see him looking at us with his brows lifted, and his head titled. "Um, when do we start?" I asked, trying to keep my tone light and airy as I brushed off the awkwardness still lingering around.

He lifted his shoulders. "Whenever you're ready, I suppose."

"I guess since you're already here, we can start now," I told Alex. I turned to look at John. "Could you show Alex where we'll be?"

"Fine," he grumbled out loud. "Let's go Alex."

He nodded and followed John down the hall. "See you in a bit, Isabella," Alex said in mid-step and grinned.

"See you," I said, smiling back.

John narrowed his eyes at him, but luckily Alex wasn't paying attention to John.

I looked at John, mouthing the words 'be nice', but I doubted he was going to listen.

Sighing, I ran up the stairs to my room as fast as my legs could carry me, which probably wasn't fast, but who cares? I kept running until I reached my room and when I opened up my door, I found Amanda still sleeping. Gosh, she's actually worse than my brother when it came to waking up in the mornings.