Chapter 11: The plan...

Start from the beginning

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Quindi pensi che i suoi abusi fidanzato? (So you think her boyfriend abuses her?)" my brother asks as he sets down his glass of water. I had called him to ask him to meet me at the restaurant that I had taken Kalene yesterday for lunch. I needed to tell someone about my suspicions though I knew they weren't.

"Si, mi ha detto che e stata una gomitata in faccia. (Yes, she told me that she was elbowed in the face.)"

"Hmm, merda. Hai intenzione di fare? (Hmm, sh*t. What are you going to do?)"

Putting my fork down I finish chewing my food. "There isn't much I can do besides keep a close eye on her. She just started working for me so I don't want to question her too much so she'll get upset and then quit. You remember how mom would get when we or anyone else questioned her."

"Yeah. Defensive, angry and reclusive." huffing after. He knew too well how our mother would act after our father took his anger on her.

"Exactly. Again, my plan is to keep a close eye on her and slowly befriend her. Maybe she will open up and I could help her get out of that relationship." telling him what I had decided to do. I know personally I wouldn't be able to handle the fact that Kalene or any of my employees was going through something as traumatic as abuse.

"Good luck big brother."

Raising my eyebrow in question he shook his head. "... meaning good luck in trying to get her to open up. If she is being abused and what we know about victims... she may not want help, especially from her boss or another man."

Nodding my head in agreement I sigh and seat back on the chair. Carlo is right, our own mother refused help because the first few times she did try to leave our father threatened to kill her and us or anyone she loved. So after the last time she left and my father found her, he made sure she never left him again. The bastard beat her so badly that she was in the hospital for weeks, even had to have cosmetic surgery to repair the damage he caused from the beating. Our mother wasn't the vibrant strong woman we knew she was after that. She became what you call a stepford wife... submissive and robotic. Something I don't want for Kalene.

"So che Carlo. Ma a differenza di nostra madre, lei avra qualcuno che l'aiutera a uscire. Devo solo fare in modo che lei si fida di me per primo poi farle capire che lei e la pena di avere una vita migliore di quella che ha con Cox. (But unlike our mother, she will have someone who will help her get out. I just have to make sure that she trusts me first then make her realize that she is worth having a better life than the one she has with Cox.)"

1/07/2017:

Hello guys Happy New Year to all of you. Hope you all had a great Holiday because I did. My husband got me a new laptop so I hope to have more time to update since it's been a while.

Starting the New Year I hit 10K Followers so thank you for those who follow me and I became an Wattpad Ambassador for those who didn't know last Fall so I have been busy with my duties, another reason why I haven't updated.

This chapter is a bit of a filler just to give a bit of a background on Manny, Kalene and Marco's mom who is the victim of abuse.

Thanks for Reading, Voting and Commenting. Have a great weekend and stay safe everyone!