ii

"I'm telling you, he's probably the most beautiful man to walk on earth."

His two best friends squealed in excitement. "Gosh, the one time we don't visit, you find yourself a hot stud," the shorter boy sighed. "I'm jealous."

He earned a smack on the arm from the taller boy, "Hey! Aren't I a hot stud?"

The shorter smirked, "Yes, yes, the hottest stud ever."

"Why do I feel like you're joking."

Youngjae couldn't hold in his laughter anymore, and neither could his friends.

Youngjae had been friends with the pair since high school, after his other "friends" decided to ditch him, saying he was too much of a goody two shoes. The pair ended up dating by their senior year, and no one was surprised.

Youngjae sat in the cafeteria, angrily eating his peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. "Those jerks... There's nothing wrong with being a goody two shoes." He looked over at the table across the room, sticking his tongue out at his former friends.

Youngjae's anger quickly subsided and he became saddened. He began to think things like "What if I won't make any friends all throughout high school?" or "What if people begin to pick on me for being a loner?"

Youngjae had always been a sensitive boy, easily prone to tears. One time a girl called him chubby and he cried in the boys stall for the rest of the afternoon.

"Hey, are... you okay?"

Youngjae snapped out of his thoughts at the sudden voice.  Two boys stood in front of him, holding their lunch trays. He recognized them from his gym class, but couldn't recall their names.

"Yeah! I'm fine!" He smiled as big as he could.

"But you're crying..." the other boy spoke.

"I am?" Youngjae reached up to touch his eyes and sure enough, tears threatened to fall. "Gosh...How embarrassing," he chuckled.

The taller boy handed him a napkin. "You're in our gym class right?"

Youngjae nodded and wiped his tears away with the napkin he received.

"Well, I'm Kim Yugyeom, a freshman."

"Oh, I'm Choi Youngjae, and I'm a sophomore." He smiled brightly.

"I'm a freshman too. My name is Kunpimook Bhuwakul," the shoter boy chimed in.

Youngjae's jaw dropped at the long foreign name. It was going to take him so many weeks to remember that.

"Don't worry, people just call me Bambam," he laughed a bit.

Youngjae smiled and nodded his head up and down. "I gotta say, you two are some of the most mature freshmen I've ever met."

Yugyeom giggled, "Trust me, we aren't mature. We just aren't assholes."

The three teens laughed together. "We can sit here, right?" Bambam asked.

"Yeah, of course!"

The pair sat down across from the elder and sat their trays on the table. "Gosh, gym was so exhausting today. I thought I was gonna die," Bambam sighed, gaining a few giggles from the other two.

The group began complaining about the brutal gym class they had today.  Youngjae learned that Yugyeom was actually pretty athletic. Bambam on the other hand, was the complete opposite. He greatly despised the act of getting all sweaty and smelly. Yugyeom, however, constantly craved the feeling of his blood pumping furiously in his veins. Youngjae later found out that Yugyeom was actually on a dance team outside of school.

"Yugbam~!" A man with a strong accent shouted across the cafeteria.

"Ah, that must be Jackson hyung," Bambam assumed. Before he knew it, a strong arm was slung around his and Yugyeom's shoulders. "How are my babies?"

"Hyung! We aren't babies. You're only two years older than us," Yugyeom snapped.

"You're still my babies," he grinned and pinched both their cheeks. "Have you made a new friend already?" He asks, looking over at Youngjae. "Yeah, this is Youngjae," Bambam motioned towards him.

Youngjae waved, but Jackson suddenly pulled him into a hug. "Nice to meet you,  Youngjae! I'm Jackson, a junior."

"Sorry, this hyung is very touchy," Bambam apologized. "Yugyeom and I met him at a concert over the summer."

"Mm, it's fine!" Youngjae smiled, "Nice to meet you too."

Youngjae was so glad to have made new friends so quickly after losing his previous ones.

"Hello! Earth to Choi Youngjae!" Yugyeom waved his hand in front of Youngjae's face.

"Oh, sorry." Youngjae shook his head, "Didn't realize I was spacing out."

"It's fine," Yugyeom reassures him as he takes a sip from his frappuccino.

"Hey guys, Jackson wants to know if he can bring friends with him tomorrow to to the pool."

Youngjae gives a questioning look, "Why?"

"Apparently he totally forgot he already had plans with them. He doesn't wanna cancel on either of us so this is his solution."

Yugyeom shrugs, "Sure, why not. We could use a bigger friend group anyways."

"Alright, I'll tell him." Bambam begins typing his message into his phone.

"Ahh, I'm excited. It's been forever since we hung out with Jackson hyung," Youngjae cooed.

"Yeah same. He's either busy with school, or partying. No in between," Yugyeom stated.

-

a little backstory about how youngjae met yugyeom, bambam, and jackson. i use italics for when a character is thinking. so in case you didnt catch on, that was a flashback youngjae was having.

thanks for reading!! sorry for any mistakes