Part 8

As glad as Alex was to have his sight back, he wished he didn't have to see this assclown's face. I mean, seriously. The anti-mutant dude paced back and forth in front of him. "How long have you known this Doctor McCoy?" he finally asked.

Alex snorted from his place in the chair. He knew he could easily escape, but he didn't want to hurt any innocent people, no matter how brainwashed they were by this dumbass. "Dude, you need to get the giant discriminatory stick out of your ass ASAP," Alex said, not answering the question.

All the man did was give him a look. "I understand he was your doctor. But he's more than that, isn't he? You're more than friends, aren't you?" He stepped closer to Alex, grabbing him by his chin and staring him right in the eye. For the first time since his capture, Alex was afraid. He remembered seeing that look once before he lost his sight; it was lust.

He pulled out of his captor's grip. "Leave me alone!" he exclaimed, hoping someone would hear him.

"Don't you know what monsters they are? They're evil, all of them! They and all who associate with them must be exterminated!" He paused in his rant, staring at Alex with those lustful, beady eyes. "Then again, maybe not everyone who associate with them need to be 'taken care of'. I will forgive you for your sins... for a price."

Alex felt sick to his stomach (and was just about to break his own rules) when suddenly the door flew open. A guy with red shades and a baseball cap walked in. "What are you doing here?!" the maniac shouted at the unexpected arrival. "New members aren't allowed in here!"

"Let the kid go, Creed," the stranger said menacingly.

"How dare you!" Creed shouted at him, stepping toward the guy and grabbing him by his shirt. "You have no right to—"

Suddenly three razor-sharp claws appeared in between the other guy's knuckles, and Alex instantly knew who his savior was. Logan smirked at whatever expression Creed was wearing (Alex really hoped Creed was shitting himself at this point; it was the least the bastard deserved). "These give me plenty of rights," Wolverine said.

"You— You're—" Creed stammered, backing away. The next thing Alex knew, he was shooting at Logan with some type of laser gun. All Logan did was casually move out of the way of the blast, unsheathing his other set of adamantium claws. Scott's description of them really didn't do them justice, Alex thought as light gleamed off the metallic weapons. "Stay back, you mutant shit!" Creed shouted as Alex felt the barrel of the gun pushed into his skull.

Logan didn't stop his advances. "What's the matter, Creed?" he taunted, raising his claws. "Daddy's boy doesn't like claws?"

Alex was confused, but Creed seemed to know what the other mutant was talking about. "I— I don't know what you're talking about!" he stammered, and Alex suddenly realized what was going on here. He silently applauded Logan for figuring it out. That explains a lot, actually.

"Oh? I don't have a familiar look to you?" Logan asked, removing his glasses. He stared Creed dead-on, and Alex could feel his fear from where he was being held. He hid his smirk from his captor.

"Shut up! Shut up!"

"Mr. Creed!" one of the cronies shouted as he ran through the door. "That mutant from the hospital broke in. He's—" Logan ran towards him as Creed shot at him, grabbing the man by his shirt and throwing him at Creed, effectively knocking him down. Logan walked back towards Alex, kneeling down next to him as he cut off his ropes.

"Hey, kid. I'm Logan, Scott's, ah, friend."

Alex rolled his eyes. "I know who you are. And I know you're not just Scott's friend."